Jambands.ca

5 Disc Rotation?

bradm

1. RAQ / "Shed Tech"
  2. Smokestack / "It's Coming Down"
  3. The Grateful Dead / 1990.03.22
  4. Phil Lesh Quintet / 2001.04.20
  5. Bob Marley / "One Love: The Very Best Of Bob Marley & The Wailers

Thanks to Booche for #3 and #4. #5 wasn't on this week's listening list, but I had some Marley playing in a dream this morning (along with a girl with a fresh, alluring demeanor, whose name I never got, but should be named "Angela"...but I digress), so brought it in.

Aloha,

Brad

*** Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and Spiders From Mars

*** Gillespie - Live At The Royal Festival Hall, London 1987

*** Robert Walter's 20th Congress - Elbo Room, San Francisco, CA 2003-02-07

*** Miles Davis In Concert: - Live At Philharmonic Hall New York, NY 1972-11-29

*** Yo Miles! - Fillmore Auditorium San Francisco, CA 2000-03-04

Yo Miles was a colaberation put together by musicians who respect the music of Miles Davis. (Who doesn't?)

Wadada Leo Smith - trumpet

Henry Kaiser - guitar

Michael Manring - bass

Chris Muir - guitar

Steve Kimock - guitar

Bruce Ackley - sax**

Steve Adams - sax**

Jon Raskin - sax**

Larry Ochs - sax**

Tom Coster - keyboard

Steve Smith - drums

Karl Perazzo - percussion

**-Rova Sax Quartet

Phil lesh and friends: 7-7-01 red rocks, great sbd that i got from a link off here from i believe booche.

Grateful Dead 12-29-88 another great sbd

Grateful Dead 5-9-77 a great show that opens up with help>slip>franklins then a nice cassidy to follow, and the rest is just unexplainable.

Phish 2-22-03 was at this show and loved it, cant get enough of the piper>weekapaug, and the jam in walls of the cave blows me away.

and countless highlights throughout the show.

Thats all i got in there for now, thats quite enough to keep the mind rolling for now.

Phil lesh and friends: 7-7-01 red rocks, great sbd that i got from a link off here from i believe booche.

Grateful Dead 12-29-88 another great sbd

Grateful Dead 5-9-77 a great show that opens up with help>slip>franklins then a nice cassidy to follow, and the rest is just unexplainable.

Phish 2-22-03 was at this show and loved it, cant get enough of the piper>weekapaug, and the jam in walls of the cave blows me away.

and countless highlights throughout the show.

Thats all i got in there for now, thats quite enough to keep the mind rolling for now.

-String Cheese, Live in Atlanta, disc three (super sweet "come as you are")

-Recipe From a Small Planet, "Babel Fish"

-The Five Man Electric Band, "Greatest Hits"

-Deep Banana Blackout, "Rowdy Duty"

-Leftover Salmon, "Euphoria"

*Still reliving The Wassabi Collective from Canmore this past weekend, what a jungle of percussion, definatly worth checking out if you've never seen them.

peaceinjam.jamesd.

Guest Low Roller

- Perpetual Groove 6/06/02 (only CD1 though. Damn you Foley!)

- Thievery Corporation- The Mirror Conspiracy

- Underworld- Live at ECG

- Amon Tobin

- Gotan Project

Guest Low Roller

POG: The Mirror Conspiracy is an older album, 2000 I think. It's not bad. There are three songs that are killer, four if you count the same one being done in two different languages.

If you've never heard Thievery Corporation, I recommend downloading 'Lebanese Blonde'. Greatest song ever, and the song that forever turned me onto trip-hop music.

MarcO: How is that White Stripes album? I loved the first half of White Blood Cells, but felt like the rest was just filler. Does this album suffer from the same vibe?

Hey Lowroller, check this out...

You can download tons of perpetual groove there....they have that 6/6/02 show there, but it's also only one disc. Perhaps there isn't a second?

I can't name five right now...I have no speakers or headphones on this computer.

I do have Ekoostik Hookah in the car, and I'm about to listen to some Moses Guest in there next.

Mr. Musicface, I have the same 2 as U!!

Ben Harper-Diamonds on the inside

Ani D(the goddess) Evolve-I love this album so so so so much. SHE FRICKIN ROCKS!

Keller Williams-Freek

Paul Simon-Graceland

Bob Marley-Songs of freedom, first album...this is a box set with 4 cd's and the first one is all his early early ska stuff.. I love it soo much.. I love bob soo much.. haha. [big Grin]

I know we are only supposed to have 5 but Jack Johnson-Brushfire fairytales.. yaay..

I'm cheating.. [Eek!]

Cheers,

Sarah

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

MarcO: How is that White Stripes album? I loved the first half of White Blood Cells, but felt like the rest was just filler. Does this album suffer from the same vibe?

Well, so far so good. I just got it on Sunday, so it's in the "rotation" but I've got a ways to go before I can acuurately compare it, although having said that, I only have De Stijl as far as they go. I like it though. I found with De Stijl, I got into it a few tracks at a time, and I suspect that's the case here.

Not sure what to tell you, other than it's good and will sound better after a few more listens, I'm sure.

Yes, yes all and you don't stop....

1. Tungsten Gruvsten's Pavement Blenders - by the by if you are reading this E.W., thank you so much for the care package

2. Duane Allman and Eric Clapton Miami Sessions - I forget the date but so smokin

3. GD - 10.25.73 - Again, a killer

4. Phish - 2.21.03 - Honestly, if I could stop listening I would

5. Ben Harper- Diamonds on the Inside - I wish the weather would co-operate as this is going to be MANDITORY patio listening

honorable mentions - I just download a Bens Fold Five show last night from 1998. I'm only halfway through but wooooo those boys can rock!

Archived