Jambands.ca

5 Disc Rotation?

bradm

Well, it isn't quite 5 Discs, but it does work out to 5 Titles ... In my car stereo CD changer :

1. Frank Zappa - Lather

2. Hawkwind - 1999 Space Party (recorded in 74 or so [Wink] )

3. The Jam - Direction, Reaction, Creation Boxed Set

4. Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 2

And on my CD player in the bedroom ...

5. Various Artists (Inc. Phil & Friends, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes & members of Gov't Mule) - The One For Woody benefit show

Rob Not Bob

NP : guess [Wink]

I don't have a changer, but here's whats been spinning:

Phish 02/26/03 Woosta

Keith Jarrett

Vienna Concert & Koln Concert

Keith Jarrett Trio

Bye Bye Blackbird

Bela Fleck

Tales from the Acoustic Planet Vol.1

Ginger Baker Trio

self title

Grateful Dead

View from the Vault III - Shoreline 06/16/90

quote:

Originally posted by Sarahbelle:

Paul Simon-Graceland

That one has a place of honour in my CD wallet. The more I listen to it, the more sense it makes. Scary. You may welcome me to my Carlsberg Years ... or you could, if I drank the stuff.

Hey J. Stamos...loved you in full house...other than that I can vouch for the Ginger Baker Trio-one of the best recorded albums I own-I use it to test speakers, amps, monitors, anything I can listen needs to have that run through it at least once. Bill Frisell and Charlie Haden shine right through. I really dig 94's Going Back Home as well-friggin amazing...

hmmm since lots of folks are gonna read this thread I'll make an open ended plea:

Years ago I lost my CD copy of Ahmad Jamal live in Montreal 85...I have a bad vinyl copy but I'd love to get a CD copy as it's long out of print...even Ebay hasn't given up the goods for me yet....Kazaa rewarded me with some so-so mp3's but it's so sweet sounding i'd love a GOOD copy... email me tungstengruvsten_at_jambands.ca

my buddy Ryan (you skanks may know him by his sanctuary name...BRUN) is on the Island visiting, so we've been listening to

1) a DSO show (March 2, 2003) he came to in Santa Cruz, CA

2) John Kadlecik...Acoustic Shareware Vol.1

3) Mace Hathaway...Clue 02

4) Shooglenifty...Venus in Tweeds

5) GD...06.16.85 Greek @ Berkeley

...but i've been REALLY digging Garaj Mahal of late!!!

My favourite thread!

1. Willie P. Bennett - Tryin' To Start Out Here (1975) - this guy is a legendary Canadian folk musician who's been playing around since the late 60's and has been living in Peterborough for a while now. Really good wintery bluegrass tunes!!

2. Phish 10/19/96 Buffalo - My first show.. Thanks Steve!! I finally got it! While this show has probably never stuck out in anyone's list, I love it. Great DWD in my opinion.

3. Don Ross - No album in specific, just mp3's actually.. Man this guy blows me away!! Simply amazing acoustic guitarist. If anyone can make an acoustic guitar speak, it is Don Ross.

4. Beck - One Foot In The Grave - I know this one well, and busted it out the other day for the first time in a long time. I'll always love it.

5. Jim White - Wrong-Eyed Jesus - really eerie, surreal country-folk music with a Tom Waits sort of feel. Lots of strange sacreligious lyrics. Check this out if you get the chance.

ani difranco - evolve : best stuido album since little plastic castle. I love ani!

nero - is it morning? : saw them for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. the album is nothin compared to them live, but it still blows me away.

beck - sea change : if you havent heard this yet, listen to it. i think its the best alternative album to be made since kid a.

burt neilson band - orange shag carpet

the dead - dicks picks vol. 4. i love the version of china cat sunflower on cd 1.

quote:

Wayne Shorter - Juju

Amazing album!!!!

I've been listing to Footprints Live! a lot lately, and Shorter kicks my ass everytime!!!!

Glad you got the package KevO.

If you need the txt files to either of the bonus disks lemme know.

It was a Miles Davis show and a Hunter mix wasn't it? I never remember.

* Ben Harper - Diamonds On The Inside (finally got it ripped, so far I'm loving it!)

* Ani DiFranco - Evolve (I still generally enjoy her earlier stuff better, but this might be her best studio album since Up Up Up Up Up Up Up)

* Carlos DeJunco - Up and at 'Em (Canada's best harmonica player, still hoping to take some lessons with him in the near future)

* Counting Crows - August and Everything After (still LOVE this album, not a bad song on it)

* .38 Special - Best of... (got this for $3 at a pawn shop... Teacher, teacher, can you teach me? [Razz] )

Peace,

- Mr. M.

This is my s disc rotaion

The Slip * 12-31-99

01 Disc 1

02 Disc 2

03 Disc 3

04 Disc 4

05 Disc 5

Fucking unreal show with Dr. Didg

Disc 1, Set 1:

1. Free jam (20 minutes) >

2. A Logical Path

3. Munf

4. Moral Decay

Disc 2:

1. Yellow Medicine

2. Kid Nikki

Set 2:

3. Indian drum / vocal jam

4. Brad's speech

5. Cumulus

6. Brad's Two Cents

7. Marc + Brad Jam

8. Marc, Brad, and Andrew Jam...

Disc 3

1. Jam...

2. ...a (too short [smile] Dragonfly tease ...

3. ...Stanley waxes poetic...

4. ...Jimmy raps...

5. ...Joe Higley comes out of the jam better than an hour after it began

Disc 4:

1. Happy Birthday(s)

2. Weight of Solomon >

3. Dr Didg jam >

4. The Lucky Dragon >

5. Air of the Body

6. Alsoa

7. Dogs on Bikes

Disc 5, Set 3:

1. Julia's Kitchen

2. Nellie Jean

3. 1999 (instrumental)

4. Camp Shuie

Saints Come Marching In

Auld Lang Syne quotes

Lion On A Rock

I love The Slip

The Friday May 23

with nero

@ Pepper Jack's Hamilton

Tickets $12 $15 @ The Door.

quote:

Originally posted by Northern Wish:

You should also check out the band that he migrated from when he went out on his own: Mano Negra.

Oh, don't worry Sean, I'm all over Mano Negra. That's some good stuff too...

Hoping he'll come to Montreal sometime soon. Last time he was here in North America was 2000, played 2 nights in Montreal and one night in LA.

ad

Hey tungsten, I think my dad has that cd at home- I'll check with him when he gets back from his business trip....

Five cds, hmmmm....

1) Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks- Pig Lib

2) Manu Chao- Radio Bemba Sound System (live)

3) Neil Young- Zuma

4) The Stokes- Is This It

5) Frank Zappa- Live in Oz (ok two I cheated)

Sean

Elephant - The White Stripes

Behind The Music - The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

Who's Next: Deluxe Edition - The Who

Bigger Cages, Longer Chains (EP) - The International Noise Conspiracy

Hittin' The Note - The Allman Brothers

I can't just listen to 5 cds, so here's a few more:

Wormwood - moe.

Hot Shots II - The Beta Band

Let It Be - The Replacements

quote:

Originally posted by Northern Wish:

2) Manu Chao- Radio Bemba Sound System (live)

Ha Ha!!! Finally people are listening to Manu Chao!! Success!!

Everyone: Listen to this guy and his wicked band. You might even learn French / Spanish / Catalan while you dance!!

Alan

Thanks again AD.... It was funny when I moved down here- there is a French girl who works in the office, and she had the two studio albums (Proxima Estacion Espirenza and Clandestino) which I have since burned.

This music is fantastic, although the "asteroids" samples get a little annoying sometimes.

You should also check out the band that he migrated from when he went out on his own: Mano Negra.

This is definitely high energy good times music- kind of what I think Trey heard and wanted to model his band after.

Sean

Archived