Jambands.ca

un(der)employed?

snarfmaster C

pardon the double posting if you've checked the classified post already...

i need to hire a field assistant for next week. tentatively leaving monday morning from peterborough, returning the following monday. 1 day drive up to cochrane ON, followed by early mornings and long days walking around the bush and logging roads (ie must own a bug jacket), then another long drive back to peterborough. food is covered on field days, and hourly wage applies for drive as well as working hours. not sure of the wage yet, my guess is 8.50/hr. no experience necessary, i'm just not allowed to work alone. preference will be given to those with a drivers licence, a heady tape collection, and to slow runners (in case we encounter feisty bears). i'm not sure that it will take the entire week, it totally depends on how things go once we get there so flexibility is a bonus.... anyone seriously interested please message me asap.

the work we'll be doing is setting up a gps base station/rover unit to map the streams, landcover and logging roads of the watersheds that i'm studying.

i was just outside testing the unit for the 18th million time, and a new different problem has come up. i am hoping this will resolve itself tomorrow, in which case i'll be in touch with those who have shown interest. if the unit doesn't work tomorrow then the trip is cancelled :: booooooo.

no drug testing, no resume required...

I just got fired (Woo-Hoo!)

But I need a job cause money is mad tight! I'm tryin'to get to Toronto in the fall and I don't have much saved.

Can anybody help a brother out with any ideas?

I've worked in post-production studios as a dubber and I've been doing landscaping for the past three summers. Not just mowing lawns and crap either, planting big trees and boulders, stonework, you name it. I also am a decent cook (I bake a mean donut) but I am a bit of a wook.

Kitchener is best, London is good too, even Toronto is ok.

I've gotta find something quick so any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

PHIL'S! heehee

i saw a help wanted sign recently & i cannot for the life of me remember where...hang on...it's tickling the edges of my brain...grrrr.... dammit, i cannot remember. well if it's any consolation this is going to bug me all night.

and hey, there's always www.workopolis.com! i'll let you know for sure thorgny if i hear of anything though. (or if i remember where i saw that fricken sign!!!)