Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus?

Im going home Donny

bradm,

did you tape wilco or was that a bust?

ad

Yup, I taped them, and I'm listening to it now. It sounds pretty good. My mics were at floor level of the front of the balcony, which put them about 15' (I guess) off the main floor. The sound is a little heavy on the left channel (I wasn't quite centred), but the quality is pretty good.

I had no problems getting in, and wasn't worried, as I had phoned the venue and spoken to a lady who said the venue's policy was the band's policy, whichever band was playing.

But. I was set up right beside (or "left beside"? I was on the left side as you face the stage) the sound/light board, and as I'm tearing down, the sound/light (I'm not sure which) guy, says, "Don't ever let me catch you with that up here again."

"But the band allows taping," I replied.

"The venue doesn't."

I realized at this point that he had an "I'm right, you're the enemy" attitude, and that there was nothing I could do to change it, so let it drop, but I'll be e-mailing/calling the venue to see what the real deal is.

Aloha,

Brad

That's sh!tty you had a run in with the venue staff like that, but at least it was after the show and not before, or during...

If you decide to put this show out there for people I'd love to get a copy.

thanks, cheers

ad

I'm pretty sure Wilco was incredibly good last night, enough to make one swoon with every note.

I'm pretty sure the soundman made the opening band sound like crap, because I thought Jim White was excellent

I'm pretty sure that soundman was partial to Wilco (and rightly so) because they sounded great in that room, note for not.

I'm pretty sure I talked to Gentlemonkey for about 2 seconds, and I should apologize because I was drunk and tired

I'm pretty sure CBC this morning referred to "Grand Theft Auto Bus" during their event announcements.

WOW, GREAT show.. I really got into it.. the 5 heinekens didnt hurt, but I really felt the glory of the new tunes.. i am a wheel, and spiders were stand out awesome. they've got a very polished show. i loved it.

The BUS guys rocked a whacked out improv mini set at deckuf after, and that was hilarious frightening and wonderful all at once. I was glad to witness it.. They are prepared to burn babylon to the ground saturday, hopefully its a rockin crowd!

Pretty sure I recorded them playing a spontaneous 30 minute mini-set at Cafe Dekcuf afterwards. ;) ;)

Aloha,

:: Sweet mother of God!!!!! I would LOVE to get a copy of that man!! I am dead serious.. What would a brother need to do to get a copy of that GTB session!!

Lucky bastards. I wish to God I could make it up there Sat night.. CRAP!!!!

Brad