Jambands.ca

Logistics for The Slip run?

bradm

I'm doing all three Canadian Slip shows, and was wondering what people's plans are. I'll be heading to Toronto on Saturday (Oct. 9) to spend Thanksgiving with my family, and I'm taking the rest of the week off work for the shows.

Thursday, Oct. 14

I was thinking of getting a hotel in downtown Toronto (near the ElMo, ideally) for Thursday, Oct. 14. Is anybody else hotelling it? I'd like to stay in or near the place everybody else is staying.

Friday, Oct. 15

I'll need some way to get from Toronto to Hamilton on Friday, Oct. 15. I suppose I can rely on GO Transit, which is no problem, but I'll need a place to stay in Hamilton. Does anybody have any hotel recommendations (the closer to the venue, the better). I've never been to Hamilton, so I'm hoping to rely on those who live in and know the city.

Saturday, Oct. 16

How are people getting from Hamilton to Montreal? I (and my backpack) would love to share a ride (or a rental), or I suppose I can drop back and use VIA/Voyageur/GO. Does anybody have a hotel booked in Montreal? Again, I'd like to be close to the venue and in the same place as all my friends.

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto > Hamilton > Montreal.

I only 4 hours work on fridays anyways so theres no need to go in hurtin & tired after the Toronto show so I plan on taking it off and gearing up for the steeltown show and I don't feel like rushin home after Montreal so I am planning to take the monday off also but thats yet to be fully decided.

No idea where I'm staying as of yet but I imagine at home on thursday & friday then just go with the flow in Montreal since I don't have a credit card to reserve a room,but I will try to get a room where everyone else is also staying.Hopefully I will be able to get a room that day.

There is many hotels within walking distance to Pepper Jacks,although I'd say they are the more costly ones (Holiday Inn,Sheraton etc),but if you don't mind a 15 - 20 minute walk or short cab ride there is a couple hotels that are rather affordable.The Admiral Inn on York Blvd comes to mind there is also another one within a 10 minute cab ride on Main St. West.

I can have a look in the phone book for the contact info and post it for you if you want.

I'd offer up a place to crash but once again that weekend we have family (aunts & uncles) coming by,part of the reason I am really looking forward to going to MOntreal..LOL

Ollie and I are staying at the Econo Lodge Downtown , which I hear is really close to the venue.

think thats where we played musical rooms all night until they gave us a conference room on the first floor after the last Montreal Slip show... they have a big room on the first floor away from all the other guests (apperently 20 people to a regular room is against the rules or something ::)

Hmmm well, there will be a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE afterparty here. (does anyone else listen to buffalo radio and hear that car commercial?) So yes, Sari and I were super impressed with how awesome everyone was while they were here. It's really nice to invite people 40-50 into your home and have everything work out great. We had 13 people sleep here i think and there was still more floor room.

So Brad, you're more than welcome to come party and/or crash here with Sari and I. We're 2 blocks from the Elmo on the same street. If you want a room, there's a quality inn at huron and bloor. there are some bed and breakfast places on spadina near dupont too.

I am also hitting up all three Slip shows next week

POG or Alexis >>>> crash space/after party would be very much appreciated

BradM and anyone else >>>>> I'll be driving to the Hammer the next day with space for riders

then on Saturday i'll be making the trek to Montreal

i have NO tix yet (which makes me a little nervous)

i also have no hotel room booked for Hamilton or Montreal

the hostel in Montreal is cheap and kinda like having your own apartment if you get a room in the basement

BradM and anyone else >>>>> I'll be driving to the Hammer the next day with space for riders

then on Saturday i'll be making the trek to Montreal

i have NO tix yet (which makes me a little nervous)

i also have no hotel room booked for Hamilton or Montreal

the hostel in Montreal is cheap and kinda like having your own apartment if you get a room in the basement

Would you have space for a licenseless bum who has herb and cash for gas to but also no ticket for Montreal? I'm sure there'll be a place in steeltown for ya.Are you requiring a Hamilton ticket? I can stop by PJC and grab you one no problem.

cheers

Esau brother

make you a deal

i'll order us some Montreal tix on my credit card and definately give you a ride, if you'll pick pick me up a PJC ticket

sweet! it's all coming together folks ::

Sounds great.I'll grab the ticket tonight after dinner.

When we were looking for hotels close to Cafe Campus we came up with the EconoLodge, before we knew that's where everyone stayed last time... so... I also think it's pretty close.

After I bought tickets on admission.com, I got a confirmation e-mail, and that e-mail also linked me to a hotel page. Econo Lodge Downtown, on St-Dominique was at the top of the list...being the closest to the Petit Cafe Campus, 0.39km. So I booked a room there, and later found out that's where people stayed last time. I have no idea where people are staying this time.