Jambands.ca

PJC DECEMBER SHOWS FOR YOU AND YOURS'

kc

December is looking good, very good:

Thursday Dec. 2nd Delusions of Grandeur, Mathew Dezoete (Acoustic Sets) $5.00

Fri. Dec 3nd The Duo , aka Organ and Drums www.organanddrums.com . Jon Sikich will be spinning funky rare records before and in between sets. $10.00

Sat. Dec 4rd Flatt Street, Platypi www.platypimusic.ca , www.flattstreet.ca 2 funked up Jazz bands. $5.00

Thurs. Dec 9th Autorickshaw www.autorickshaw.ca New Indo-Jazz greats, rare club show. $10.00

Fri. Dec 10th Vorcza Trio (Vermont band with Dave Mathews and Trey Anastasio Bands' Keyboard player) www.vorcza.com

Sat.Dec 11th Nero www.neroland.com Final Hamilton Show! :(

Sat Dec 18th Jane Bunnett and The Spirits of Havana (multi juno winner, grammy nominated. rare Hamilton show) EMI/Bluenote recording artist Amazing band! www.janebunnett.com Tix $18.00 advance/$20.00 at the door.

Sat Dec 25th Santa Clause (rare appearance)

Sun Dec 26th Truths and Rights (Members of Big Sugar, Reggae, ska, dancehall band)

Mon Dec 27th The Eggmen

Thurs. Dec. 30th Intergalactic Fairy Funk Intergalactic Fairy Funk (Philly,USA), Freeworm (montreal) (Om festival favourites)

Sat. Dec 31st New Years Eve Party with The Fat Cats and Diesel Dog

Happy Holidays,

KC

www.pepperjackcafe.com

Jane Bunnett and The Spirits of Havana

Wow!!!!!!!!!! I tried to go see her play a free show in Ancaster a year or so ago and people were sitiing on the lawn outside the church venue to hear the music floating out from within.

That's a great booking, Ken! Congratulations! I will try my best to make this one!

Man, AWESOME to see Truths and Rights coming back, as well as The Eggmen.

Does Ductape thing have any connection to the old Ductape zine and record label in Toronto? I know the zine is long gone but I thought the record label was still releasing the odd 7".

Good work on the booking Ken, see you Friday for the Duo!

is DD really playing with the fat cats for nye??

i thought DD was in port dover?

from what i heard mark wilson didn't confirm it so they booked a sure thing and plus, isn't everyone bored of that show for new years yet? i've been to the brig for the past three years, i want a change! (yes the world revolves around me) ;)

Right on CyberHippie.

I know people have conflicting opinions about Big Sugar, mostly stemming from a bunch of boring radio singles towards the end of their time together, and the fact the Gordie Johnson has been known to ooze a little bit of ego while on stage.

Say what you will, but I am a big fan of the music. Johnson is a blues scholar, and when he decided to incorporate dub into their sound, he did it right and employed guys who knew what they were doing. The bass player, Garry Lowe, has been a part of the Toronto reggae scene for many years, as has latter-day Big Sugar rhythm guitarist Mojah. They make up the nucleus of Truths and Rights, along with Bernie Pitters who is an awesome keyboard player, MC Friendliness, and various drummers (Eric Paul, the last Big Sugar drummer, often gigs with him, he is a wicked guy and a serious drummer).

The Truths and Rights live show is quite excellent and I make a point to catch them whenever I can. They mix up traditional roots reggae with heavy dub and a little dancehall, all with live instruments, and as a reggae fan I find it quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the show.

In reference to Cambridge, they played Fiddler's Green two weekends ago, that might have been what he was talking about. A real fun band.

Cheers Rev,

I'm also a big fan of Big Sugar,we used to see them close to regulary at the Corktown Tavern back in the early to mid ninties.Great band in my opinion and Gordie can tear it up all proper like thats for sure.

Last time I saw em though (sadly) was a few years back when they opened for Blues Traveler at the Warehouse in Toronto.

When is the Johnston X-Mas bash? I heard rumour that there will be a Zildo Ildo reunion show at it.

Zildo Ildo! If it's B.A. Johnston you're talking about, he'll be doing a small set at Flattstreet's CD release on Dec 29th at the Casbah, the escapegoats will also be there (you know, the zildo ildo guys). BA's got a new website at http://www.justfriends.ca/ba/indexx.html

Does Ductape thing have any connection to the old Ductape zine and record label in Toronto? I know the zine is long gone but I thought the record label was still releasing the odd 7".

I'll find out for sure but I don't think so.

I'm also a big fan of Big Sugar,we used to see them close to regulary at the Corktown Tavern back in the early to mid ninties.Great band in my opinion and Gordie can tear it up all proper like thats for sure.

Yeah, man!!! I went to all of those Corktown shows... they were cookin'! Back in the day when the band was sponsored by Hugo Boss, and they all wore those amazingly gorgeous suits for the entire performance. Kick-ass. ::

I was talking to the bass player from Truths and Rights the other day. He was in the elevator of my office building. He's a courier by day. He seems pretty excited about the band, and was talking about some 'big' gig in Cambridge coming up.

Big gig in Cambridge will be NYE at Fiddler's Green...it will be recorded, possibly a DVD...friend of mine is doing sound for them these days.