Jambands.ca

LOVE & ADVICE FOR ALL THE PREGGER-SKANKERS.....

Calamity Jane

So by my count, it's 3: LMP, Arcane and c-towns. fecundity rules! Way to get knocked-up gals! but seriously, congrats to you all, enjoy every minute of your pregnancies (well, not the barfing minutes, I guess.) I have to second treefaery's suggestion for a midwife -- they'll take you on as a client as early as 6 weeks. the care/time they provide is incomparable to an OB/GYN and the home birth experience is one worth aimig for! (they're totally covered by OHIP)

I highly recommend this read. It's full of amazing home birth stories from the folks who started the hippie haven, "The Farm" in Tennesse in the 70s.

ENJOY!

1570671044.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg1570671044.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I second that reccomendation. In fact, LMP already has my copy of Spiritual Midwifery :). I was at a midwifery workshop at The Farm this past september, and it just reinforced all the wonderful things I thought about midwifery from reading that book. Another suggestion, whether you are considering hospital or home birth, is to look into getting a doula. I'm actually planning on getting certified as a doula... I should do that soon.

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=193396&page=1&fpart=3&vc=1

here's the link to c-town's news. guess I misread it in my excitement (although the "seduce the mother of your children" comment threw me a bit....But lots of things in life confuse me and I've learned to adapt through denial)

anyway, congrats now in order for c-town's 'oven' and cyberhippie!!!

hahahahahahahah.... i dont know how i missed all that, but i get it now...

glad your boys can swim, towns... big high 5's to everyone for doin their part to keep the human race goin strong!

oh, and, i just wanna say thanks to littlemisspreggo for posting that oh so sexy photo of schwa, and to schwa, too, for having one of the best damn senses of humour ever!! love it!

I alos own the spiritual midwifery book, it's truly inspirational, a good read for any woman (even those sans baby). Fairysari I took the Doula Training Course a few years back, it was an awesome course, doulas are a noble vocation (however underpaid), the word doula actually means women helping women, it's a beautiful concept.

Great advice for sure Deb! Luckily I have a doula by the name of Jennifer! She's WONDERFUL!! When we were discussing everything she said, "And i'll be there making sure people do what you tell them" (too bad she's only going to be around for JUST the pregnancy.) Anyways, I am so happy to have her by my side - guiding me through everything and looking out for my best intentions.

Sari - thank you SO much for lending me all those books! I've been craming my brain with as much info as possible! It's great!