Jambands.ca

besides pot, what should i grow this summer??

elemeno

Um... POT... Oh, that's right BESIDES that :)

Bell Peppers (gn, yellow, red)

Hot Peppers

Tomatos (good for concealing pot, anyhow)

Sugar Snap Peas

A Pumpkin or 2 for Haloween

Carrots (For Baby Gator's eventual teething (and of course, should ONLY use with safe baby feeder)) http://www.babysafefeeder.com/

Melons (can freeze and use the same way as carrots for teething)

Corn (for making corn liquor...)

Steve

Peyote...

Good idea if it would only take one season and we had the right climate for it. RETARD!!

[color:"purple"]Really? It takes awhile to grow peyote? Wow, I didn't know that, I'm new to the whole "drug" thing... Retard, it was a joke...

Peyote...

Good idea if it would only take one season and we had the right climate for it. RETARD!!

[color:"purple"]Really? It takes awhile to grow peyote? Wow, I didn't know that, I'm new to the whole "drug" thing... Retard, it was a joke...

Your a retard if you didn't know that I knew you were joking. And your a double dog retard for not knowing that I was joking when I knew you were.

If you grow carrots, grow a Nantes type variety. Swedish Peanut fingerling potatoes are the best variety I've grown. Zucchini are easy and are prolific producers. Late-season broccoli is tasty. So is early or late lettuce. It's easy to grow way more tomatoes than you could ever eat, so go easy unless you plan on canning. Whatever you grow, get a soil test done and lime the soil to a pH of 6.5 -- this is even more important than manure or fertilizer. Mulch everything with straw, seaweed, or plastic unless you want to send your whole summer pulling weeds.

raspberries are definately sweet to have in the backyard... never have forgave my dad for chopping "that nuisance" out of the yard... your own fresh raspberries can't be beat

tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs, potatoes, peppers, lettuce, blueberries

keep it organic, or at least pesticide free... let ladybugs patrol the garden like Trailer Park Boys

Salvia

Ooooohhhh! Brilliant idea. I can't wait to watch my garden grow. ;)

Watch zucchinis closely...if ignored, they get to be like 2 feet long. Sneaky buggers!

Rhubard is especially delicious in pies.

Romaine lettuce is pretty easy, but you should tie it.

Cherry tomatoes...yum!

Beets

Carrots

Peas

Green & yellow beans

To get some greens all year round why not try sprouting?

One thing I did figure out last summer: Peppers and radishes are total bastards to grow! :( If anyone has any suggestions...