Jambands.ca

Box of Rain at Pepper Jack, Hamilton Friday Apr 29

Mike Daley

hey all. I'm self-promoting again. This is the Classic Albums Live Grateful Dead band getting together again at the Pepper Jack. I remember reading some positive reviews of our Phoenix show here so hopefully we have some credibility. Come on down to the show on Friday, please. We start around 11:00.

md

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this setlist isn't set in stone - we may put together a couple of substitutes for the show, and we are open to requests. so obviously it's not an album. we're just going to play these songs in the sound and spirit of the dead, not note-for-note, but authentically and organically dead-like. lots of jamming, two drummers, that sort of thing. we all have a fair bit of experience at this, though we do other things in our regular musical lives. personally, i spent years working out the dead's music with a band that used to play at parties in the 80s. les cooper and chris seldon (rhythm guitar and bass, respectively) played in a band in dundas called 'synching in', joel stouffer (drums) played in the fat cats, and marty morin (drums) is a veteran, having played in goddo, klaatu and toronto, and in the classic albums live grateful dead show a few months ago. so the old guy is the newest to this music.

touch of grey

truckin

bertha

man smart, woman smarter

casey jones

china cat sunflower/i know you rider

friend of the devil

ripple

uncle john's band

eyes of the world

shakedown street

sugar magnolia

fire on the mountain

dark star

franklin's tower

the other one

OK, let's go to ottawa. road trip! where should we try to get a gig?

md

Either Cafe Dekcuf or Mavericks would be good. Dekcuf is the smaller of the two, with a capacity around 70 IIRC, while Mavericks is bigger, and can hold 150 - 200, IIRC. (The two bars are run by the same people, and are upstairs/downstairs from each other.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

hey all. I'm self-promoting again. This is the Classic Albums Live Grateful Dead band getting together again at the Pepper Jack. I remember reading some positive reviews of our Phoenix show here so hopefully we have some credibility. Come on down to the show on Friday, please. We start around 11:00.

md

Totally looking forward to this! Thanks for bringing this show to The Hammer, Mike!

yay party!

:)

tND is actually at The Casbah I'm pretty sure

really too bad the 2 shows aren't a night apart so both could be done... I'm figurin on back and forthing it a little... tough to say about numbers as I keep guessing wrong lately... sure a lot of the Fat Cat crowd and some out of towners will show... maybe some of the rock crowd from the Classic Rock event as well

I be there in any case :cool:

(there as in at Box of Rain, gonna run over and check in on the New Deal but am more enthused to see Mike and Les and crew)

Edited by Guest

Its $18 or $20 to get into tND, which could be a deciding factor for some! Even with the high price, I'd like to check out tND and see how they've evolved over the past few years... I've always enjoyed their show. But it would suck to dish out $20 if the band "just isn't feeling it" like the last time I saw them in the Hammer!