Jambands.ca

Who's getting excited about Come Together?

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In May 2001 I went to my first ever Come Together Music Fest. When I arrived home from that weekend I wrote some thoughts down. Here is a small snippet from what I wrote:

"Absolute magic … I am in a spell. I have never danced so hard in my entire life. I am so revitalized from this past weekend. What else can I say? Three days of sunshine, no rain, great music, sunsets, twinkling stars, huge camp fires, and beautiful people. The Come Together Music Fest was incredible ... one of the best weekends I have had in my entire life!!!"

When I think of that weekend, and all of the Come Together Fests that I've been to since then, and I get EXCITED!!! And now that this year's May Come Together Fest is less than 3 weeks away, I am REALLY EXCITED!!! All of the wonderful friends that I see at shows throughout the year, gathered in one place, outside, listening to fantastic music and tearing it up like Canadians do during the May long weekend. WOW, I am stoked!

On a different note .. I don't know if this has been posted by anybody yet, as it's been a busy day for me and I haven't been at a computer for a good chunk of the day, but here's the info re: Saturday night at the May festival:

Unfortunately, Brothers Past will not be playing at the festival this year. I'm not sure why but that's the message I received.

Fortunately, Smokestack has been booked to replace them. This excites me, as I've seen Smokestack 3 times and have thoroughly enjoyed them every time. Some new music (i.e. Brothers Past) would have been nice, but personally I'm just as happy with Smokestack on the bill.

And even with the change, I think we've got 4 bands from the States at this year's May festival - Vorcza, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, Smokestack, and Lazlo Hollyfeld. And yes, let's not forget the fantastic Canadian talent! This will be a wonderful weekend of live music!

Peace, Mark

No Brothers Past? That really sucks... I was almost as excited to hear them as I was JFJO... Still a good lineup, but losing BP is a real shame.

Hey Del, sorry to disappoint ... I know that you and some other people were very excited that BP was on the bill. Hopefully it won't put too much of a damper on your enthusiasm for the festival. It still is a really solid lineup I think ...

Peace, Mark

I've heard Brothers Past is like a good Disco Biscuits... Don't worry Tonin, I'm still very stoked about the lineup, but in the last week I've heard so many good things about BP that I think I was actually looking forward to seeing them the most. I guess I'll have to [color:purple]settle for Vorcza, JFJO and Smokestack, as well as all the Canadian acts...

Here comes the sun,

Here comes the sun, and I say

It's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun,

It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces

Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun,

It's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes ..........

I'm focusing, Willy!!!

Peace, Mark

oh boy i am so excited!!! Hopefully we don't have another weekend of nothing but thunderstorms but just in case we hope to build a pretty wikked tarp structure. OH....and don't forget...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chilli (veggie and meat options) on sunday afternoon/evening, available at mine and Tooly's site...just follow your nose!!!

Sure it's only 17 or so days away, but there are so many awesome things going on between then and now that I hope it doesn't get here too fast. :) I am gonna be broke this summer. Yeah! Can't think of anything better to spend my dwindling cash on though.

Really excited about busting out my new tent. It's a super huge mother (it was about time I upgraded from the bee hive with the broken poles)...complete with attached awning space for bug-free eatin'. I also found my hammock and rubber dingy last weekend. I am happy to report that they are both free of holes. This is gonna be a good one.

now THAT sounds like fun steve O, takin care of your little woman lol

hopefully ill see all you friendly headys comin by for some CHILLI, available in hot, extra hot, and oh-my-gosh-my-tongue-fell-off!

oops i mean meaty or no meaty ;)

come onnnnnnnnn sunnnnnnnn

I'm am SO excited... can't believe its only a few weeks away!!

Glad to hear our friendly St. Kitts neighbors will be there! I've missed you guys.. it's been too long! Number2 - yank those strings baby - you GOTTA come!!

Wow... so many fantastic people are planning to come... its going to be amazing. Can't wait to see all of you again!!

I'm am SO excited... can't believe its only a few weeks away!!

Glad to hear our friendly St. Kitts neighbors will be there! I've missed you guys.. it's been too long! Number2 - yank those strings baby - you GOTTA come!!

Wow... so many fantastic people are planning to come... its going to be amazing. Can't wait to see all of you again!!

ya, I'll be there... I will put in a request for saturday, sunday tomorrow... Can't wait LMP!!