Jambands.ca

1st Annual Skanc Beard Championship

MamaPink

Inspired by Del and the World Beard and Moustache Championships I’ve decided to get a special contest going for all you bearded freaks on this board!

The contest is FREE to enter.

Special prizes will be awarded to the winners... and NO, I'm sorry to say they will not be dildos.

Deadline for the contest is August 1st, 2005. You must have all your photos in by then otherwise they will not be eligible to compete.

Photos will be posted in the Cavern after August 1st for all to view. Jamband members NOT competing will be the judges of the competition.

You are allowed to send as many photos and different styles as you wish.

Please send your photos to me at pink@nacns.com ANYTIME! Just as long as it’s before the deadline. Please include your real name, your jambands name and your address with the photos.

There will be separate categories for Beards and Moustaches. Judges will choose a 3rd, 2nd and 1st place winner for each category with a special award given to the most pathetic beard which I call the “Facial Pube Award”

Contestants will be judged mainly on creativeness and uniqueness… so GET CREATIVE!! Props are welcome.

Anyone belonging to the Sanctuary can compete… including girls.

IT MUST BE FACIAL HAIR!!! It must also be REAL facial hair... beard and moustache wigs are not allowed.

OK - GOOD LUCK!!!

It would be pretty hard to beat The Sloth, Bouche and Booche... plus it may get a little unsanitary.

hmmm... i don't think you read very carefully there Jaimoe. At the moment those fellas just have plain ol' regular beards if you ask me. That isn't hard to beat. Now if they did THIS with their beards, I would be impressed:

moustache.jpg

As for unsanitary, well that's not really the focus here poopoo head. Although we COULD have a separate category for "the most unlikely shit found in a beard"

hmmm... not sure which one you're talking 'boot

IIRC, meggo posted a link to a collection of her pictures, which included a set from NYE. Have the topics from before the upgraded been added to the new upgraded jambands.ca, because I think there was a post-NYE topic that included the link.

Aloha,

Brad

That's the one I was thinking of, but I don't think it shows it off to its full glory. These days, I'm trimming my beard every couple of seasons, and I had let it go for a while (6 months? 8?) before NYE. I cut it back in early January (it kept getting caught in my jacket's zipper), but haven't done it since, so it's going to go all summer. Count me in for the "Scruffy As Heck" category!

Thanks, guigsy.

Aloha,

BRAD (Beard Races Are Devilish)

the rules and regulations CLEARLY state that it must be facial hair. Although you do pose a good point that there may be problems distinguishing between some people's asses and faces. I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it ;)

so what makes a winning beard? just volume?

estra pts for creativeness too eh?

No points for volume... that's boring. You have to style your beard or trim it in a creative way. I know BOOCHE already has a few hilarious styles in mind... I can only imagine what you and that nutty wife of yours come up with.

I think drinks would definitely help get the creative juices flowing.

Let me recommend a hair sculpting WAX instead of gel... works great. Not sure how easy it will be to get out though?

I am all over this competition, having been runner-up in an unofficial Etobicoke Beard and Mustache competition some months ago for my interpretation of trucker meets tennis racket.

July 31st will be a good day to be sure.

Glad to see this all came together LMP! As I haven't trimmed up the beard in awhile, (I feel I've been losing touch with my wook roots), I've already got a jump on the competition... Now to think of something absolutely ridiculous to do with it...