Jambands.ca

2005 Canada Day Bash

Freeker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can be arranged, no doubt this addition will push ticket sales over the edge, I just hope the stage structure will stand up to the Beatlemania like rush that will no doubt follow the opening strains of Black Throated Wind as I begin my set (cough).

How can BGH even be listed if dave-O isn't going to be there? (Or is he?)

Core BGH members bouche and I will be announcing the new and improved lineup in due course.

The course is due, Hux, and it's time to pay up: what's the BGH line-up?

Aloha,

Brad

You two have wanted to get rid of me and Rahmer since I dont know when, but I know why. Control. You want to do all these shitty songs that we dont like, hence the reason we never practiced Ebony and Ivory or We've Got Tonight. I pretty much GUARANTEE a crappy-ass cover song on July 1st, knowing you two fluffers the way I know you. It will probably be something like Tears Are Not Enough.

You dont like having a ringer like Rahmer in the band, do you Geoff? Shows you up a little bit? Go back to your show-boating wank-sessions you seem to love so much, thinking they are hiding the real issue. And Mike? DaveO and I saved your ass on more than one occasion. It's called a 'major' scale. You may want to try learning it.

You boys are just jealous because we formed the Grasshoppers as a side project when we no longer could handle this fascist regime. Seriously, after Rahmer's set, he and I are taking off for the rest of the day. Have a good one.

Speaking of which, Low Roller is your best man? WTF? Nice slap in the face from you as well Rahmer, which I never saw coming. You can take your banjo and shove it, Mr GrASShopper.

Guest Low Roller
Speaking of which, Low Roller is your best man? WTF? Nice slap in the face from you as well Rahmer, which I never saw coming. You can take your banjo and shove it, Mr GrASShopper.

You don't even own a suit, do you?

Case. Closed.

i'm just gonna come right out and say it: publicity stunt.

this just in- a reliable source has confirmed that the entire cast of Blue Grassy High are now engaged to Katie Holmes and are taking turns to convert her to the Rastsfari movement.

sources close to the cast say that the final stage is scheduled for July 1st when the actress will be swept away by the juggernaut of 18-20 kegs of beer... :crazy:

So here's the deal if you haven't gotten your ticket yet I would HIGHLY suggest you stop by the house today or tomorrow and pick them up. Tickets are almost gone and if you've haven't put money in my hand you're not guaranteed to get in.

Special consideration to those coming from out of town. Though if we could work out so way for you guys to send up some money (ie Paypal) that would make things much easier, if thats not possible one of us will cover the cost until Friday.

Also some people seem confused about the food. Food is NOT included in the ticket price. It will be incredibly cheap and delicious but yes you will have to pay extra to eat. Sorry for the confusion.

Also there is to be no parking in the yard, so if you do have a vehicle I suggest you park it on one of the surrounding residential streets, i think the parking policy in this neighborhood is pretty good.

All that said...CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY!!!!

This just in - Sloth has kindly offered to cover those coming in from out of town, so pay no mind to the pay pal suggestion, all your tickets will be held at the door and your names will be on a list. Kaidy, Deb, Guigsy, Friendly, Blane please PM the first and last names of all the people you're bringing with you as soon as you can.

Does anybody know where in Ottawa one can purchase a Canadian Flag umbrella hat?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Brad, if this hat is meant for your head, I will personally see to it that the one I own find its way to you!

It is indeed meant for HeadM. Ideally, I'd like to have one in place on my way there (which involves a 10-15 minute walk, which my scalp will not like me for if it's heavy sunny), so it'd be better if I had it before I got to the bash, but if there was one there waiting for me (expected arrival time: 1:00pm-1:30pm), that'd be cool, too.

In other words: first place would be finding where I can buy one in Ottawa; second place would be the loan of one at the bash.

Thanks for it all, whatever it is. ;)

Aloha,

Brad