Jambands.ca

2005 Canada Day Bash

Freeker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of Inglewood Jack (the band sometimes known as "BandM", which it isn't; it was organized by thatpatguy, but isn't really any one member's band), we thank everybody who was there, with an added dose of thanks to everybody who came up to me (or posted) that they enjoyed what we did.

This was our first gig, and to have it be part of such a huge and fun bash is a treat. I wasn't nervous, but was a bit concerned as to whether our music would go over with the crowd and play out the way we thought it did. Based on the feedback I got, it did.

For reference, our set was:

d1t01 Machine Gun[1] >

d1t02 Doo Rag[2] >

d1t03 The Theme From "Starsky and Hutch"[3] >

d1t04 Rock It[4]

d1t05 Mr. Magic[5]

[1] The Commodores cover.

[2] Galactic cover.

[3] T. Scott cover, arr. by James Taylor Quartet.

[4] Herbie Hancock cover.

[5] Grover Washington, Jr. cover.

Aloha,

Brad

Awesome Canada Day party!! Thanks to all those involved in making it a success:

- Hux, Sloth, Stapes, Freeker and neighbours

- the beer angels (they really need a tip jar)

- SugarMegs and Meggo for feeding us the jello shooters

- the boxers for an exciting fight

- the bands... Real Gone Daddies stole the show -- they were great... I think I missed Bullmoose, I dunno, that was fuzzy time

- Todd for the fun MC job. I was in the grotto when some girl asked about you, "Is he a comedian?" to which Taj replied, "Well, sometimes he says funny things."

- DiRienzo's!!! That sandwich saved my life.

- the people in line at the port-a-potties for making the wait more fun

- the random dudes who hooked me up during the rain delay

- anyone else involved in organizing such an incredibly well run event... I am genuinely impressed with your planning.

- and everyone else I got to spend time with throughout the day

Where the hell did the time go? I already can't wait for next year.

nominally vertical and moderately coherent.

i think i am reserving that for a band name.

ad

That's actually going to be the B-side of "Emotionally Drained And Morally Bankrupt", if I ever get around to writing and releasing both them...

Aloha,

Brad

Did anyone win the "When Will Velvet Be Too Hammered To Walk And Be On Stage?" pool? Last I saw of him, he was still at least nominally vertical and moderately coherent.

Nobody won the pool. I am proud to say that I didn't hit the ground once, though I made several others hit the ground in my farewell bike loop. Even didn't die on the bike ride home.

I am proud to say that I didn't hit the ground once, though I made several others hit the ground in my farewell bike loop. Even didn't die on the bike ride home.

Shit yeah, you looked like a small child learning how to ride a bike for the first time, people were clearing out the way as you paved a drunken path out of the courtyard!