Jambands.ca

A Sister Sings...

can-o-phish

So this soul has to catch some serious zzz's but a head's up as tonight at The Orbit was I think my all time favourite...Mr. Breit even sang a tune..."strung out on heroin on the outskirts of town"...

A lotta new stuff and some old gems...it's going to take me a bit of time to get names but then it'll be on it's way to Bouche for a Jambands download and a surprise in the works.

Gotta go and cut some lumber.

"tonight at The Orbit was I think my all time favourite"

hehahaha how many times have we heard this coming from you?? lol. my girlfriend is moving to toronto in about a week, which means i'll hopefully be catching a sisters show sometime in the next few weeks before i leave the country.

they're on for all mondays in august, eh?

Heads up Ollie...No Sisters on August 15th and either the following Monday or the one after but definitelty not on the 15th. Sorry dude.

I'm going to try to have something up on our website today from last night but it's so frickin' hard to think what to pick. Tumbleweed Tea was amazing as was Two Miles and every other tune for that matter.

Ian was a demon last night and Kevin has dusted off his Wah Wah pedal.

Natasha was there having fun with us. Great to see that girl!

Jaime disco dancing at the end of the night was too much. I love the folks at the Orbit Room! Family to say the very least.

I have made it part of my ritual that for at least one tune I'm shaking my bones and not sitting on my ass in honour of Bouche's Stomping Escapades!

Well we were tearing up the grass under our feet all three times we saw Breit at Hillside, but especially as "John & the Sisters"! WOWSA, was that some energy!

We were chatting with Kevin and the drummer late Sunday night and reminiscing about the leaky roof at Maverick's...but I did get them to promise to a return visit to O-Town, regardless!

you've got me all tingly to hear last night's show, CoP.....can I please get a copy (along with my "like a Virgin" night, I'm still intending to pick up from you)? Let me know what you might enjoy in kind.

Ollie -- that SO sucks for you -- I was getting all set to say Dave & I would join you 2 that night. Well perhaps we can figure out some other mischief to get up to. I'll PT you our phone # and you should send us your itinerary so far. (We'll be at Lose Yer Shoes until Monday Morning, probably.... you're not by chance coming this way for that festival, are you....?)

Heads up Ollie...No Sisters on August 15th and either the following Monday or the one after but definitelty not on the 15th. Sorry dude.

Bummer. I'm heading to the T-dot for the Allmans on the 16th, like Ollie, I was planning to come down a day early for The Sisters at The Orbit room. Anyway, thanks for the info!

Well, as much as I'd like the Sisters to play every Monday, they've gotta enjoy families and life like the rest of us...

I'm going to put up "Carmelita", the GG Allin tune that Kevin sang last night. The lyrics are just too cool and you may also recall Linda Rondstat's version as well as some other artists who have covered it...

Sorry about your luck Ollie. Originally I had heard that they were taking August 8 off as well and I have a friend visiting from Vancouver who is so stoked to see them. That would've really sucked...

Okay, follow this link http://renegadeaudio.ca/RenegadeAudio.html click on the Sisters Picture at the bottom and sing along kids! Enjoy and there's more to come from this night...

Carmelita Lyrics

Well, I hear mariachi static on my radio

And the tubes they glow in the dark

And I'm there with her in Ensenada

And I'm here in Echo Park

Carmelita, hold me tighter

I think I'm sinking down...

And I'm all strung out on heroin

On the outskirts of town

Well I'm sittin' here playing solitaire

With my pearl handled deck

The county won't give me no more methadone

And they cut off your welfare check

I think I'm sinking down...

On the outskirts of town

Well I pawned my Smith Corona

And I went to meet my man

He hangs out down on Alvarado Street

At the Pioneer Chicken stand

I think I'm sinking down

On the outskirts of town

I think I'm sinking down

On the outskirts of town

Hmm. Rereading my post above, I have to say it sounds bit unfriendly, like I don't wanna hang out with other skanks. :blush: I guess what I was trying to say is that I was gonna getting together with friends in Toronto on the Monday and invite them to Breit, but since that won't be happening, we'll find something else to do. If anyone knows of anything good shows, let us know!

My heart goes out to you and Ollie ChrisC. If I was in Toronto on a Monday and the Sisters weren't playing, I'd be bummed.

Here's hoping your Monday is a good one anyway.

Yeah, we had it all planned out! Ollie's birthday is on the Sunday...imagine celebrating with 3 good shows in a row!

Hey Ollie, how about Def Leppard at the Molson Amphitheatre then? :P