Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go

kam

Guest Low Roller

Habs news 13-Oct-05

- During last night's game against Atlanta Steve Begin was helped off the ice with a potential knee injury midway in the second period.

Are we seeing the return of the injury curse that plagues the Habs every single year? Currently Zednik, Huet, and Ivanans are already in the IR. Begin could make it four players only five games into the season.

- The last Habs goaltender to record a shutout in his first NHL game was Wayne Thomas in 1973. Yann Danis stopped 32 shots to record the exploit.

- The only players (non-goalie) on the roster to not record a point yet are Raitis Ivanans (goon), Richard Zednik (injured), Craig Rivet (D), and Mike Komisarek (D).

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
You all piss me off. I'm going over to Gamehendge.

Yeah right, I ain't going anywhere.

Habs news Oct. 17

- Habs announce that they will retire Geoffrion's #5 as well as Cournoyer's and Moore's #12. So I was 2 for 3 on my predictions. Eat it Booche.

In other news Ken Dryden is still not getting any love. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he works for the Leafs organization?

4435_3.jpg

- Pierre Dagenais seems to be falling out of favour with coach Claude Julien. Late in Saturday's game with the Leafs, Dagenais was demoted from the 2nd line with Ryder and Ribeiro, to be replaced by Thomas Plekanec. The change resulted in the tying goal by the Habs. The line was praised by Julien after the game saying that Plekanec "gives a spark to the line".

Dagenais only clocked in 9 minutes on the ice during the whole game.

- Richard Zednik should begin skating later this week. He's already missed five games.

The Habs are currently playing with no spare forwards in their line-up while Zednik and Ivanans recover from injuries.

- The Bell Centre had its 20th consecutive sellout for last Saturday's game against the Leafs.

Guest Low Roller

Habs News, Oct. 19

- Pierre Dagenais was a healthy scratch in last night's game with the Bruins, further cementing his fall from Claude Julien's good graces.

Instead Julien went with the 7th defender Mark Streit.

Regular defenseman Matthieu Dandenault pulled double-duty by playing both on the defense and offence.

Guest Low Roller

Habs News, Oct. 21

- Niklas Sundstrom has been added to the list of injured players for the Habs after pulling his groin during his last shift in the Boston game. This probably means that Pierre Dagenais will be back in the line-up against the Islanders.

- Richard Zednik did not skate all week, and is very likely to miss at least another week of action.

- Raitas Ivanans is still putting his face back together after getting it rearranged by Zdeno Chara.

- Jose Theodore, Sheldon Sourray, and Micheal Ryder have been named as potential candidates for the Canadian Olympic team.

[credit: RDS.ca]

Guest Low Roller

Pierre Dagenais' total time on the ice was 2:23, which means basically a couple of shifts. However he did manage to score a goal. Mathieu Dandenault continues to pull double-duty, giving Micheal Streit plenty time on the ice as the 5th defenceman.

What's the word on the Brashear/Komisarek fight?? Komisarek got an additional 2 minutes for instagator and a game misconduct. What the heck did he do?