Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go

kam

Guest Low Roller

Raitas Ivanans has been placed on waivers according to RDS.

Ivanans, of course, is famous for drawing Chara in a fight, only to be sucker-punched as the referees were breaking up the fight, fracturing his orbital bone in the process.

191694.jpg

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

This begs the question who do the Habs recall from the minors to fill the gap?

They will need another body soon since Bonk and Bulis are both on the IR.

They have two other forwards that are already playing with NHL contracts in Hamilton: Peter Vandermeer and Ron Hainsey...

They can also permanently move Dandenault to forward and recall defenceman Andre Benoit from Hamilton to be the 7th D.

Guest Low Roller

Kinda disappointing. I'm still waiting for the Habs to prove they are a good team, and not just a lucky team.

Dumb penalties by Steve Begin and Mark Streit in the 3rd cost the Habs. They did manage to tie the game up, but then Sidney Crosby showed l33t ski77z on that shootout.

Souray left the game mid-way in the second due to an injury of some sort which isn't good.

On the other hand Bonk was back in the line-up and Dagenais was bench-warming.

The lines were all over the place last night. It seems that Julien was tossing everything at the wall to see what would stick.

God, I wish I could WATCH some hockey rather than analyze stats and shift charts...

Guest Low Roller

Disappointing loss to the Leafs on Saturday night. I'm surprised the board has been quiet about it. I really expected some backlash in one form or another.

Habs play Detroit later this week! It could be ugly!

Guest Low Roller

Bonk, Bulis, and Kovalev out... Not good.

That leaves us with

1st line: Perezhogin/Koivu/Zednik

2nd line: Higgins/Ribeiro/Ryder

3rd line: Dandenault/Begin/Sundstrom

4th line: Dagenais/?/Plekanec

Souray is still injured, but should be back in the line-up to give the Habs 6 defencemen with Dandenault playing forward.

Who do they recall from Hamilton? Hainsey? Kostitsyn? Vandermeer? I wish that they could bring in Latendresse for a game or two...

UPDATE: The Habs have recalled Maxim Lapierre from Hamilton, which I think is a rather surprising move. They have also recalled Yann Danis and sent Christobal Huet to Hamilton for conditioning.

Dags the hero?!?! Well, not really, Theodore was last night, but Dagenais plays 3 shifts, scores a shootout goal, and gets named 3rd star. I didn't watch it, but I listened to the end and OT and the announcers said it was Theodore's best game of the year. We need some more of that!!

Guest Low Roller

The fact that Dagenais was named for the shootout was unbelievable... Julien is either showing renewed faith in him, or this was his last chance to impress before being traded/waived.

With just over two minutes of ice time, Dagenais wasn't the player with the lowest ice time... Perezhogin logged 1:30 of ice time, and Mark Streit was dressed, yet didn't even play a shift!

That save on Hossa was fantastique!

Since Roller is slacking, here's your latest Guillaume Latendresse update: Latendresse scored 3 goals and 1 assist to lead the QMJHL All-stars over the Russia Selects 7-4 on Monday night. Dave-o will be seeing game 2 of the series tonight.

hey Punk, do they only have radio broadcasts out there on the island? no TV feeds yet i guess eh?

that last save jose made in the shootout was unreal

Watch it, fitba-boy. I didn't go over to my buddy's Habs shrine last night, so I listened to the end of the game on nhl.com radio, since I don't subscribe to RDS on our Express Vu.

Guest Low Roller

I just watched the replay of the game on TSN... that last save was a beaut! The French announcer was losing his shit after the save!

I'm not slacking just keeping a low profile... Why don't you take some of Booche's abuse and Leaf-loving allegations for a change of pace.

Guest Low Roller

Things are not going well for the Habs right now despite the win against the Thrashers...

On the defensive side of things Souray is out with a groin injury/divorce so he is nowhere near game shape, and Julien doesn't have enough faith in Mark Streit to play him regularly.

Francis Boullion played 32 minutes against the Thrashers, which is his career high yet he has a bad knee from an injury in the Washington game. There is talk of bringing in Ron Hainsey from the farm team, but apparently he needs to clear waivers first (how does that work?).

On forward the top line is a little shaky since there is no permanent substitute for the injured Kovalev. Saku Koivu is playing through a nagging injury as well.

The 2nd line still doesn't have a permanent winger to play with Ryder and Ribeiro. Julien has been waffling between Dagenais and Higgins.

The 3rd line is centered by Radek Bonk who has not scored a goal in 30 consecutive games now...

Maxim Lapierre played one game with the Habs before being sent back down to Hamilton.

Theodore is nursing an injury which forced him to miss practice. Christobal Huet is nowhere near ready for the backup job yet.

For the Habs it's gutcheck time, only 22 games into the season.

QMJHL stars topple Russia

Voltigeurs star Guillaume Latendresse turns in another impressive performance in 6-4 victory

Guillaume Latendresse certainly made the most of his opportunity to shine in the 2005 ADT Canada-Russia Challenge.

The Drummondville Voltigeurs star left winger turned in another impressive performance with two goals as the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League all-stars defeated the Russia Selects 6-4 last night in front of 5,709 fans at the Moncton Coliseum.

Latendresse had five goals and one assist in two games and he was named Team QMJHL's Player of the Game last night. He had a hat trick and one assist in a 7-4 win over Russia on Monday in Drummondville.