Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go

kam

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

The Habs are showing 3rd period BALLS! That's something that was missing for the longest time with them in previous seasons.

I love Koivu's laser sharp passes. First to Kovalev against the Rangers, and then to Ryder against the Panthers.

The game is never over when you play the Habs this year. They are showing a lot of heart and they never give up.

They've got to start winning by more than one goal on a consistant basis.

That would be nice but it is not a necessity.

I kind of think it is, cuz it bulds confidence and shows other teams how strong they are. Like, Ottawa is walking all over everyone, and are therefore intimidating as hell. It'd be nice to see the Habs pull away on that level too. Right now I dont think any team in the league is afraid of them, despite their record.

Winning close games and coming from behind also builds confidence. Whether you win 10-0 or 1-0 they all count the same in the standings.

Also once the playoffs start the game will tighten up. We know Montreal can come from behind. Can Ottawa? They probably can but they will need to prove it.

I'm loving the season so far and hope all the Canadian teams make the playoffs. Then we can fight it out for supremecy :)

Guest Low Roller

Another one goal game and another come from behind win.

Line-up last night:

1st: Koivu/Zednik/Kovalev

2nd: Ryder/Ribeiro/Higgins

3rd: Dandenault/Begin/Sundstrom

4th: Dagenais/Plekanec/Perezhogin

- Poor Perezhogin... From top line to 4th line and only 5 minutes of ice time.

- Dagenais is back in Julien's doghouse with only 2 minutes of ice time, and benched for the 3rd period.

- Higgins seems to be settling into his role on the 2nd line. So far this season Ryder and Ribeiro have played with Dagenais, Plekanec, Zednik, Perezhogin, and Higgins.

- Mark Streit was used as the 6th defenseman with Dandenault shifting to offence to cover for an injured Jan Bulis. Streit was a healthy scratch for 5 straight games.

- Radek Bonk missed his 5th straight game due to a groin pull to coincide with the Habs 5 game winning streak... Hmmm...

4478_1.jpg

I didn't see much of this game, maybe half of the 2nd period. But what I did see was the Habs getting totally out-played. That's the thing about having a superstar goalie - he can hold you in games you don't deserve to be in. And keep that comeback just one goal away. You've gotta be impressed by the resiliency of these kids so far.

I didn't see much of this game, maybe half of the 2nd period. But what I did see was the Habs getting totally out-played.

Their 7th come from behind win this year.

That's the thing about having a superstar goalie - he can hold you in games you don't deserve to be in.

That's the goalies job and describes what the goalie does for most Stanley Cup winners.

And keep that comeback just one goal away.

Their 7th come from behind win this year.

You've gotta be impressed by the resiliency of these kids so far.

Yes Sir!!!

Early in the year but I'm loving the Habs so far. I expected them to be good with a more open style of play but this exceeds even what I thought. Granted there will be slumps but pile on the points while you can boys. They all count the same in the end.