Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Wild game. Neither team was looking finely tuned. As crazy as a 4-0 lead in the first was, it wasn't truly reflective of the game play. Emery deserves a lot of credit for keeping them in.

New Jersey didn't give up. They picked away at that lead and could very easily have taken it to OT if they hadn't choked on that 5th goal.

Ottawa will have their hands full with the pesky Devils. This won't be a cakewalk, that's for sure.

STill BLOWN AWAY at the BLOCKS of empty seats in NJ. You should do a road trip for the next game in NJ ... you could get a ticket easily in the lot by the looks of it!

Brodeur never plays back-to-back bad games, this series is FAR from over. Glad to see the Sens were able to regain their composure after a week off though. That was a game they needed to hold on to.

Definitely had to win that one to stave off the early pressure. As we all know Sens have never gone up 2-0 in a series so hopefully they'll play with that "house money" feeling on Saturday.

The game had an eerie similarity to game 1 against Buffalo last year... except, this time Ottawa ended up getting the 1 goal advantage after the big comback from the other team. Booche... definately a good sign.

Game 2... will be a better effort from both teams. I hope the Sens don't make as many mistakes (or that the Vermette/Kelly combo doesn't look so poor defensively... and Mike Comrie gets off the drugs)

Greg Millen accurately made the observation that Jersey's shut-down line (Madden) couldn't contain Speeza-Heatley-Alfie and Ottawa couldn't contain the Gomez-Gionta line.

Worse yet, Phillips-Volchenkov were each a -3.

Hey, it wasn't the way I wanted it to end... but damn am I proud of the guys for clawing their way back and taking it as far as it went. They should get a real boost when they come back to Ottawa, get the last change, get half decent ice, and have some crazy Ottawa fans cheering them on.

One thing though, I must of yelled "HIT HIM" two dozen times last night with no hit. Hopefully they were saving those hits for game 3.

they get names wrong

I just shat my pants. How many errors did we hear tonight during that?

"Here comes Fisher forechecking. Cuts behind the net, hooks......blah blah blah..........and Schaefer gets the hooking penalty."

That was my favorite tonight.