Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertaining game to watch! Both teams seem to slide into moments of idiocy which keeps that element of surprise a constant. You just never know when the pendulum is gonna swing. Sens def took over in the second and I think that Pittsburgh got a little skittish after Armstrong's hit (that was totally clean). I heard that Eaves is OK and didn't even have to go to the hospital for any tests. Must've been a lot less severe than it looked. Glad nobody's going to miss any games because of it.

Game 4 can pretty much seal the deal for Ottawa. However, if they let Pittsburgh back in it, it will be a little crazzy :)

just got a pair of tix for Game 5 (next thursday). Anyone else going to be there?

I have tickets' date=' but I won't be there, because this series will be over in 4, baby!

[/quote']

So Blane, do you want to meet for a beer at game 5?

:) Indeed. We'll be driving in from montreal so I've gotta check with my buddy, but a beer and (veg)burger before game time might be a great idea. I'll update ya later in the week!

Hey, you've got to give it to those Ottawa Senators, eh?

Not only are they playing hard enough to earn the begrudging admiration of unabashed Toronto rooters on national television, but they are hitting with a vengeance and taking hits and complaining about them in true hockey fashion.

Consider the line from Chris Neil, he of the devastating and arguably late hit to the head that sent Buffalo Sabres forward Chris Drury onto the long list of concussed players some seven weeks ago in Buffalo.

Neil told HNIC viewers that Pittsburgh forward Colby Armstrong's hit on Patrick Eaves, the one that sent Eaves off the ice on a stretcher, was "a little late" and left Eaves "vulnerable."

Truth be told, it was a "clean" hit by hockey standards and unlike Drury, Eaves actually had the puck and wasn't hit from behind. Still, you've got to admire a straight-faced line like that, given that "late" and "vulnerable" were the exact words a number of people used in charging Neil with blatant head hunting regards his hit on Drury. You've also got to think that the boys in the Ottawa room, at least the ones not wheeling the stretcher off the ice ,were rolling on the floor laughing at that one.

Still, the best line came from M.C. Bryan Murray, coach of the Senators. "It was a fair hit, a hockey hit," Murray said. "And we live with it accordingly."

I'll bet even Eaves got a chuckle out of that one, assuming of course he was somehow able to comprehend the joke.

Neil is a chuckle ... i like the way that he left Roberts wide open in the slot just so that he could take a run at Crosby at the side of the net. He should have gotten an assist on that goal .

Neil is a pest like the best of them. Annoying as hell to play against and stirs up shit on the ice every time. When he can have a little restraint, he has shown that he has adapted well to the rule changes and should not be dissmissed simply as a goon.

Anyone see the Sens fans dancing before the game on CBC? That was great.

Not sure if I was proud or embarrassed by that... mostly proud I guess. haha ;)

Emery stole that one for sure, the Pens dominated the entire 2nd. Glad to the Sens able to hold onto these close games.

Has anyone seen Heatley? I think he must have went back and joined Atlanta. I am sure glad I am not the putz that drafted him first over-all in a hockey pool.

And yet somehow, he's still outperforming his trade counterpart Marian Hossa.

Hossa and Kovalchuk have combined for a total of 1 pt, -6 and 25 PIMs.