Jambands.ca

ABB - no warren this week

elemeno

damn damn damnskis!!!

1. good vibes to warren.

2. sure going to miss warren.

3. i hope *hope* he'll be there.

4. i saw jack pearson play with the brothers i think 5 times... it was awesome. :)

5. i miss dickey.

6. i can't WAIT to see the brothers on tuesday. YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i hope not... at least for london. ;)

but didn't jack play w/ the band for a period in the 90s, i think i saw him a few times?

Yeah Jack Person did play with the Allmans in the 90's. He is a master session ACE. And a wikkid slide player. Very slippery.

I would consider it a treat to see him again. Although I do love Wartren. :P

Bah... gotta love Warren. He's the hardest working man in show business so something's bound to stop him now and again. I'll miss having him there, no question but the show will kick ass nonetheless. Just think... the next time the Allman's come, you'll likely see them with Warren but when else will you see them with Jack Pearson and Roy Holloway? Another 9 years?

I know that doesn't mean jack to people who haven't see the Allman's current line-up but for this cat, it'll be a fun change to see something a little different. I've been fortunate to see the Bros. a few times in the last few years. I think Derek holds back a little when Warren is there so he'll be wailin' without him. Fuck he's good.

Well there goes the two songs I wanted to hear - "End of the Line" and "Loaded Dice" - both being predominantly sung by Warren. I guess Gregg could sing "End of the Line" without Warren, but I think it's unlikely. Man, I'm gonna miss the man! I've seen Jack before, great player, but nowhere near the charisma IMO, and yeah it'll be great to see him, but not at the cost of not seeing Warren. Somehow, seeing Derek, Warren and Oteil out front grinnin' feels like being at a family reunion...it's like there's no separation between the stage and the floor 'cuz everyone knows everyone (the big difference being that they're working I guess, but they look like they're having fun). I'm thinkin' with Jack rather than Warren, the vibe might not be quite so personal and intimate. With this in mind, I probably could've forsaken the pricey 100 level ticket and gone for the $11 ticket instead.

Oh well, they'll be great shows nonetheless, and maybe with my expectations slightly reduced, my pleasant surprise will be enhanced :)

All the best to Warren - hope all's well.

Really though, it doesn't bother me too much with no Warren in the mix. What will always bother me is no Dickey Betts. This upcoming show will be intesting and will challenge Greg & company, which will benefit the Allmans and specifically all of us in the crowd.

Having Warren Haynes as your favourite Allman Brother is like saying Jimmy Herring is your favourite member of Phil & Friends.

I have seen the Allman Brothers with Warren and without, I have also seen the Allman Brothers with Jack Pearson who I thought was great. The never ending revolving door of guitarists in the Allman Brothers is often dizzying at times.

I have a ticket for the Molson Amphitheatre on Tuesday and I am still looking forward to it Warren or no Warren. Though I would prefer it if Haynes was there. I would prefer it if Dickey Betts was back in the band but that isn't going to happen, so I'll take what I can get.

That being said a friend of mine said he probably isn't going now because Warren won't be there. So I think the walk up at the Amphitheatre won't be as good since Warren is going to be a no show.

Tim

The Allman fans that aren't in the know, i.e., Q-107 listeners, won't even know ( or care ) that Warren Haynes isn't there. When I last saw the Allmans, older folk that I spoke with ( 50 or older ) that sat around me didn't know who Warren or Derek Trucks were. Without Betts, they didn't seem to care.

I think a solid percentage will be the same.

i was never a huge Dickey Fan. don't get me wrong i love the guy's older playing. i always loved HDA like everyone else does so he was mildly overshadowed there. then when he died they lost the steam and put out B&S which is pretty dern good but pretty much marked the beginning of the end. once RBO died they pretty much had a good tune here and there until the Oteil Warren Derek etc. lineup where i regained interest.

i do love bettsrumentals though.