Jambands.ca

ABB - no warren this week

elemeno

I'm not sure if this will affect the toronto and london shows. it may even have been the first few weeks of summer tour in july.

from hitting the note:

What's Shakin'?

Warren Haynes will not be able to make the first week of the Allman Brothers tour due to family matters. Guitarist Jack Pearson and saxophonist Ron Holloway will be filling in until he returns.

OH!!!! I am a Warren groupie and that's the only reason I'm going to the show! I don't even know ABB all that well. Tell me this isn't happening!! Ah well, guess he's allowed to attend to family matters. I just hope it's not for a niece's graduation from kintergarden or something like that! haha! Anyway, I hope he makes it to London at least. I almost feel like selling my tickets right now. But I won't. I'll go and enjoy Toronto and London.

The web site doesn't specify, but since there was a break from end of July until now, and it said nothing about Warren missing before, I think we can unfortunately assume that it does mean this week. Fear not, Jack and Ron will do a fine job of filling in. Jack is a great slide player so there should be some good interplay between him and derek.

From ABB.com:

Philadelphia Freedom 7-23-05

saw the show last nite in philly. warren was absent after playing a short acoustic set across the river at wiggins park so they had a sax player ( greg osby?) fill in. it was a unique and fun show from the first tympani notes swelling into mountain jam to derek's brilliant slidework in one way out. show was a bit shorter than usual at 2:16 but well worth it. the set was full of blues standards including statesboro, stormy monday, and you don't love me to name a few. a wonderful suprise came when otiel sang a very respectable version of franklin's tower. hot' lanta, dreams and liz reed helped round out the evening. lots of tapers so seek this one out folks. hope warren recovers from whatever ails him ( rumor was a bug bite or something like that...i can picture that guy in the t-mobile commercial.."c'mon guys...it's just a bug bite..i can still play"...seriously, get well soon warren:-)

Added: Sunday, July 24, 2005

Reviewer: Emblems Luck

Score:

hits: 411

I think Warren will be there.

i hope not... at least for london. ;)

but didn't jack play w/ the band for a period in the 90s, i think i saw him a few times?

Yes Matt, Jack was briefly a member of the Allmans in the mid 90's, 1996 to be exact. He is a smoking good guitarist with tons of taste and can hold his own on slide with young Derek.

I've seen the Allmans with no Dickey back in 1991, so what's the dif?

The diff is that the reason I see ABB nowadays is because I love Warren and what he brings to the band. He's no Dickey, but I like what he does, so that makes it enjoyable for me.

Women Prefer Haynes!

If I'd known in advance Warren wouldn't be there, I wouldn't be going, no question.