Jambands.ca

my life ROCKS :):)

bONES

i love NYC!!

it's so alive & big and FUN

we are just coming off a 2 night run at Irving Plaza in Manhattan...both shows sold out in advance (on Tuesday & Wednesday nights)!

On Tuesday afternoon, i went into the city (our hotel was in Jersey) with Tiny our equipment truck driver. We picked up his partner Savannah at the Port Authority bus station and headed to the venue. We were an hour early for load-in so hanging out in the cab of the truck passing glass was a good way to spend the time. Savannah mentions how "in New York everybody looks famous...like that guy, he looks just like Woody Harrelson".

Wait a minute, that is Woody!

So, we put him plus 4 on the guest list, and saw our new buddy and BIG fan later that night. I saw him inside and asked if he had smoked yet..."no, do you got any bones?"

Ya man...let's go upstairs.

Woody grabbed his friends, Ed Norton and 2 HOT, HOT chicks and followed me to our green room. I twisted up a nice fatty and they just kept coming, as we smoked down up there [Eek!][big Grin][big Grin]

Ed had to bail out of the rounds early, but Woody kept up with the rest of us:)

Those guys are very chill, I gave Woody DSO's new cd at the end of the night, got a brotherly hug and said goodnight...see ya in California

Yesterday was Pete's (our road manager) birthday, so he and Lisa, and our friend Jimmy and I all took the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellice Island.

Now, to top off my week...I'm leaving in a couple hours for The Meadowlands to see game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals [big Grin]

And the best part of all...they are killer tix and it cost me nothing!!

I LOVE my life

Oh ya, here are some recent setlists:

Show #811 - Sun, Jun 1, 2003 at Stone Pony Big Top, Asbury Park, NJ

Performing 11/15/1972 Oklahoma City Music Hall, Oklahoma City, OK (Donna Show)

1:Bertha, BIODTL, Bird Song, Jack Straw, Candyman, Big River, Sugaree, El Paso, Box of Rain, Deal, Cumberland, Around, China Cat> I Know You Rider

2:Promised, Ramble On, Mexicali, Brokedown, Playin, Big RxR Blues, Bobby McGee, Wharf Rat> Jam> Sugar Magnolia, NFA> GDTRFB> NFA

Encore: Johnny B Goode

Filler: Morning Dew*

The Great Bamboozle 2003 - DSO played on the outdoor Bamboozle stage - One drummer (Rob) - *with Dino on drums - also Mike Ferris, Topaz and The David Grisman Quintet

Show #812 - Tue, Jun 3, 2003 at Irving Plaza, NYC, NY

Performing 3/24/1987 Coliseum, Hampton, VA

1:Jack Straw, Candyman, Minglewood, Loser, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Ramble On, Let It Grow

2:Gimme Some Lovin> Black Muddy River, Playin> Terrapin> Drumz> Mr. Fantasy> Wharf Rat> NFA

Encore: Brokedown

Filler: Viola Lee

Show #813 - Wed, Jun 4, 2003 at Irving Plaza, NYC, NY

Performing 6/4/2003 Original Setlist

1:Cold Rain, Me & My Uncle> Big River, Jack A Roe, Tons of Steel, Passenger, High Time, You Ain't Women Enough, Masterpiece, Loose Lucy, Esau, Touch

2:Women Smarter, Scarlet> Fire, Sunrise, Uncle John> Supplication> Drums*> Space> Uncle John> Attics> Good Lovin

Encore: Run For The Roses> We Bid You Goodnight

Filler: None

*with Mark Greenberg (Dickey Betts Band) on drums

lucky son of a gun bones, you got a sweet job.

i was talkin with one of my buddys down in teh states and i said i knew this guy that worked for dso sellin merch, he totally knew ya, hes like bones jones?!?!?! that guy ROCKS!!!

funny stuff

cheers bro

i just read this thread...wow man [Eek!][Eek!]

woody and ed...they seem like really cool guys...and to hang w/ hollywood calibre women!!! [Eek!][big Grin]

dude...too bad the ducks tanked last night.

bro, does the band need anybody else in the office or on the road?

i'm your man!!!!

the mighty ducks weren't so mighty last night, but it was damn fun just being at a Stanley Cup Final Game!!

Tonight the band plays at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia...another sold out gig:) And the venue provides a merch person, so I get to boogie all night....wahoo

Anyone not going to Bonnaroo??

GratefulFest 4 is the same weekend in upstate Ohio.....2 nights of DSO to end our tour, with the Zen Tricksters, David Gans and more...see some of you there maybe?

Hey bones,

Great story there bro, Give'r.

Hey i was wondering if there was anyway to aquire a copy of :

Show #812 - Tue, Jun 3, 2003 at Irving Plaza, NYC, NY

Performing 3/24/1987 Coliseum, Hampton, VA

1:Jack Straw, Candyman, Minglewood, Loser, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Ramble On, Let It Grow

2:Gimme Some Lovin> Black Muddy River, Playin> Terrapin> Drumz> Mr. Fantasy> Wharf Rat> NFA

Encore: Brokedown

Filler: Viola Lee

June 3rd is my b-day and that show(3.24.87) was my third or fourth GD show ever.And I never got a birthday show,I dont think they(GD) played june 3rd ever(according to deadbase......), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Furthur~

Greg

Bones.... come to Ottawa on the 20th and you can join us for the Nero/Freeker seemless sets night in Wakefield. 15 minutes outside of ottawa, we'll probably being camping out at a friends place.

By "we".... I think I mean a shitload of scanks and such...

don't forget to bring the POG

Archived