Jambands.ca

I AM ABOUT TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER.

I thought I'd found some freeware to convert .asx files, but it didn't work.....

niffer has software on her mac that lets her capture any audio playing on the computer as a wave file, but i've never seen the same thing for a PC.

i thought that .asx was micro$oft's attempt at "digital rights management," allowing streaming only...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the site does work on a mac, and the freeware (mac osX only sadly) is called "wiretap."

edit to add...everything that i've heard so far is really obviously compressed bzzzzzzy sound. not bad for a computer speaker, but not necessarily up to etree standards :)

Edited by Guest

http://id1g1t.com/album.php?album=30445

check this new glitchy female hip-hoper M.I.A.

she's playing intown on Monday.

check out song: Pull Up the People

where you been brah

check here

and here

and check out the KCRW link of her with Cherry

last time she was here the show sold-out and i know Rotate This is sold-out of tix for this coming performance at The Phoenix.

I dig her :)

Guest Low Roller

This website is probably the best thing to happen to me since Phishsanctuary opened their arms to my Phish-dissing cynicism.

For those of you at work that are looking for an album that has the rejeuvinating qualities of being hit upside the head with a burlap sack filled with coffee beans, may I suggest "Loud" by Timo Maas. That's some great electronica there I tellz you.

A quick check for some (Jeff) Beck led to this gem:

H Two O - Secret Policemans (Other) Ball, The Music

Sting - Roxanne

Sting - Message In A Bottle

Jeff Beck - 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers

Jeff Beck - Farther Up The Road

Jeff Beck - Crossroads

Bob Geldof - I Don't Like Mondays

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

Phil Collins - The Roof Is Leaking

Donovan - The Universal Soldier

Donovan - Catch The Wind

H Two O - I Shall Be Released

Aloha,

Brad

Jeff Beck - 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers

Jeff Beck - Farther Up The Road

Jeff Beck - Crossroads

Oh, my. These tracks have both Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton, and they are both ripping it up. It's an amazing showcase of how Beck came from a blues-ish background, but went quite a bit outside of it.

Now if I could just find a soundtrack that has the Pete Townshend acoustic guitar tracks ("Pinball Wizard" and "Won't Get Fooled Again", the latter, IIRC, with John Williams also on guitar) from these shows.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

It's regular routine for me at work now... "What do I feel like listening to today?"

So far it's been:

Thievery Corporation "The Richest Man in Babylon"

Vanilla Sky soundtrack

It says they are moving to a new server to counter all the mysql db problems they've been having, during busy times. Should be back in a couple of days.

I've been saving all the asx files, playing Dick's Picks Volume 2 right now, without any problems. So seems like their server is still streaming, just can't search.