Jambands.ca

The 2005 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Nominees are...

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

- Miles Davis

- John Mellancamp

- Blondie

- Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

- Cat Stevens

- The Patti Smith Group

- Sex Pistols

- The Stooges

- Lynard Skynard

- Black Sabbath

- Dave Clark Five

- J. Geils Band

- Chic

- Joe Tex

- Sir Douglas Quintet

Voting results will be announced at the ceremonies on December 21st.

I'm shocked that Lynard Skynard, Black Sabbath, and Sex Pistols weren't in the Hall of Fame already.

Miles Davis was a jazz pioneer and Grandmaster Flash was the first hip-hop artist, both will tax the voters perception of who is worthy of being in the "rock 'n roll" hall of fame.

I'm shocked that Lynard Skynard, Black Sabbath, and Sex Pistols weren't in the Hall of Fame already.

Apparently, John Lydon and Ozzy have claimed that they would refuse induction if nominated.

Who can blame them? A Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame isn't very rock 'n' roll, after all. I wonder why the human race is so concerned with ranking just about anything it can.

Good for John Lydon!

In case anyone wonders whatever happened to Mr. Rotten, I currently listen to his release (circa 2002) called "Psycho's Path" regularly.

I highly recommend checking it out. It's like P.I.L. on steroids.

The guy is still relevant.

(Oh ya; good for Ozzy too, of course. The name of my first born I tell ya...)

Edited by Guest
To add Ozzy

I don't know if Miles Davis should be in the hall---but he did change Rock 'n Roll forever...

From "A Kind of Blue" to "Bitches Brew" to "A Tribute to Jack Johnson" he sort of invented the kind of "rock" music that most of us call Jam.

...and as far as Mellencamp, like him or not, he embodies the American rock'n roll dream...he's lived it and added to it...and sold like a bazillion records.

He has to be in there.

Jef

P.S.-I have to also admit that a real cute girl once dragged me to a Mellencamp show and I was suprised to know every song and dig his band. Kenny Aranoff is a motherfucker drummer.