Jambands.ca

Happy Thanksgiving

can-o-phish

Ummm... I'm probably just exhibiting my 'American Ignorance' by asking this, but I thought Canada's Thanksgiving was the 2nd Monday of October? Do you guys just get together for the feast the weekend before, being that it's probably more convenient? Just wondering...

Steve

I think the more appropriate salutation for today would be 'Happy Thanksgiving Weekend.'

That should clear it up for you.

My family has always had the dinners on the Saturday and Sunday, to allow for people to travel back to wherever they live on the Monday.

Either way, stat holidays are awesome!

AD

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! I just threw down $50 on a dead bird. Bah!

Hope you all have a good one nonetheless... and that you've got your fam around to give you something to really be thankful about (pick up the tab). ;)

How much is tofurkeys these days? Is there really such a thing?

BTW SfC... I've been staring at your avatar for about 20 minutes now. The penguin on the right doesn't even turn his head - are you sure that's not a robot arm?

How much is tofurkeys these days? Is there really such a thing?

I bought one at Whole Foods in Toronto last thanksgiving. It was about 30 bucks for the whole shebang - it came with the tofurky and apple dumplings, gravy, stuffing, and even a vegan wishbone. One box would probably feed four people pretty well.

Oh, and i <3 tofurky deli slices.

I have no idea what we're doing for Turkey Day. Normally I'd end up at my sister's house, but this year we're in different cities, I'm pregnant and she's had to deal with a death in the family. The Mercenary has injured himself, so we're not getting too ambitious.

Maybe we'll have a big bowl of Tonkinese soup (as if there is any other size of bowl of Tonkinese soup--they start at "huge" and range up to "bathtub with shrimp").

Dinner with extended family. Tired jokes about vegetarians. Coors Light. Support the troops. Frequent trips to the board to restore our sanity. Conversely, there is Slowcoaster tomorrow night.

Ah, there we go - Happy Thanksgiving!

Gotta say, more seriously, that I am inexhaustibly happy for friends and family. Life is good.

happy thanksgiving!!!!

i won't be with my official fam this year but i'm looking forward to having a relaxing weekend in Otown, catching another awesome slowcoaster show and possibly doing some damage in the kitchen - two first-time turkey-cookers, lookout!!

hope everyone has a good one :)