Jambands.ca

More Tom Cruise craziness...

hamilton

C'mon--she's a TERRIFIC actress!

She studied at the little known, but highly prestigious, "Oral Compass School of Acting".

There, they teach an extremely effective acting technique--difficult to master, but superb to witness once conquered: Channeling all emotion and acting into one side of your mouth.

She's a genius in this milieu.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what kind of sound (and how much sound) one of those machines emits? IIRC, Scientology teaches that, when a child is born, it should be done in complete silence (even the mother should be silent; no screams or grunts), and the child should also have complete silence for the first week after birth. If silence is not enforced, the child will be "imprinted" with bad things.

But I guess using a sonogram machine before birth is OK, if he's getting one.

Aloha,

Brad

Does anybody know what kind of sound (and how much sound) one of those machines emits?

Ultrasound? :P

Sounds right to me. I've also heard a theory that the ultrasound waves somehow end up modulated into the baby's hearing range, so they shouldn't be used willy-nilly.

I can't say for sure about sonograms, but I can tell you that my little uterine sprog absolutely loathes Doppler heartbeat monitors. Not all babies react to them, but this one whacks frantically at the probe and tries to squirm away from it. Labour is going to be so much fun ...

I was told that Doppler monitors are sometimes used to try to wake up sleepy babies in utero. The phone seems to do it for this one.

IIRC, Scientology teaches that, when a child is born, it should be done in complete silence (even the mother should be silent; no screams or grunts)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Moonbats, both of 'em.

and the child should also have complete silence for the first week after birth. If silence is not enforced, the child will be "imprinted" with bad things.

If the silence *is* enforced, the kid will grow up to be a frelling mime.

I've heard that some cultures believe the more mom screams during delivery, the healthier the baby's lungs will be. I think it heard it from a nurse while I was in labour with my son ... heard it over the screams of the 747 taking off in the next room, that is ...

With the current uterine sprog, one of the questions I was sure to ask on the hospital tour was "So, how's the soundproofing here?"

Then again, the nitrous might help with that. The tour lady was careful to spell out that it was Not For Dad, though :)

• 3 months later...

apparently he spoke at Yahoo yesterday, a friend's girlfriend works there and he was telling me she said tom was creepy as usual and presenting his wife's tummy like it's god and even jumped on the couch a bit! oh and she said evvvveryone in the place whipped out their handyphones and snapped a billion pictures of him.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Something for Holmes

to chew on

Tom Cruise has secured a grownup-size pacifier to help Katie Holmes keep quiet during childbirth, insiders say.

Tom Cruise may have found a way to keep Katie Holmes from violating the precepts of Scientology and shrieking in pain when she gives birth to their child.

It's a specially crafted adult pacifier, reports Star magazine.

"He commissioned an adult-sized 'binky' for her to clench between her teeth, hoping that it'll squelch her screams," a source tells the mag. "In keeping with a Scientology silent birth, Tom is prepared to do whatever it takes to muffle Katie's moans and groans during the delivery."

Cruise's PR rep, Arnold Robinson, denied the existence of an adult pacifier. As for its manufacture, a spokeswoman for NYU's School of Dentistry told Lowdown: "We haven't heard of it, but it doesn't mean a dentist wouldn't do it."

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, who died in 1986, discouraged painkillers during delivery and preached that birth should be silent to "save both the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go." The Scientology.org Web site explains: "Having a quiet, gentle birth is all about providing the best possible environment for the birthing mother and her new baby."

The alleged pacifier, which is reportedly made of plastic and molded to perfectly fit the 27-year-old Katie's mouth, could be deployed very soon. Cruise recently told a German television interviewer: "Katie could be having our baby at any minute."

And the 43-year-old Cruise - who three years ago spent several months wearing braces - likely knows a friendly orthodontist who could help get such a contraption made.

Star also reports that Holmes - with Scientology minder Jessica Rodriguez often at her side - has been spending long days at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and is under pressure to renounce her Catholic upbringing and fully embrace Scientology.

• 2 weeks later...

Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth

Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth

By Patrick Mulchrone

Tom Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission.... to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fiancŽe Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.

The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

"And scientifically it is proven. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

Cruise also revealed he and Katie have been preparing for the birth by holding classes at their Beverly Hills home.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through. What happens to her body. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

Cruise, who has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, will not be the first star to make a meal out of his baby's placenta.

Rod Stewart and girlfriend Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta, sprinkled it with tee tree oil and buried it in the garden.

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".

But placenta-eating is considered normal in some cultures. Various recipes include one for placenta lasagne. Some say eating it helps avoid post-natal depression.

p.mulchrone@mirror.co.uk

I knew a lady who ate a bite of her placenta. She was hemmorhaging after the birth, took a bite, and it basically stopped. Placenta has chemicals like oxytocin in it which help the uterus contract, so I guess it makes sense... And she said it tasted like the purest cleanest water.

And agreed that Tom Cruise is nuts. Why would HE need to eat the placenta? I'd like to see him get through that tough umbilical cord though. Maybe it'll make him have super powers like Christopher Reeve on South Park... Mmmm... stem sells....

I knew a lady who ate a bite of her placenta. She was hemmorhaging after the birth, took a bite, and it basically stopped. Placenta has chemicals like oxytocin in it which help the uterus contract, so I guess it makes sense... And she said it tasted like the purest cleanest water.

That would make sense, I guess. Somewhere there must be a hot black market for them.

And agreed that Tom Cruise is nuts. Why would HE need to eat the placenta?

Maybe it's a kind of Scientology "Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!" thing.

He would have had fun with our youngest daughter's umbilical - our midwife said it was the longest one she'd ever seen (she came out with it wrapped around her neck four times - loosely - like a long winter scarf).

It's still frozen, awaiting burial soon in our backyard (unless someone in the near future mistakes it for some manner of spaghetti sauce or kalamari and unwittingly consumes it, or Tom Cruise breaks into our house and steals it).