Jambands.ca

Root Canal

Prost

Anyone else have one of these horrible procedures done?...I just had one yesterday and let me tell you, it was not pleasant! While I was in the chair hopped up on anesthetic I couldn't help but think about Bill Cosby's bit "The Dentist"....that was the only positive thing that happend during the filling....well...the pain killers are alright too!

I haven't had root canal, but I had three wisdom teeth taken out about 10 years ago.

I was given antibiotics, antiswelling pills, and Tylenol 3s (which have codeine in them). I was supposed to take one of each when I went to bed, but it was recommended that I take them about 20 minutes apart.

One night I forgot that, and took them all at once. I had the weirdest dreams that night (which, for me, is going some; my dreams tend to be out there a ways).

So, naturally, I had to check whether it was chance or was caused by the drugs, and did the same thing the next night. Yup, it was the drugs...

Aloha,

Brad

For root canal, can they put you right under? I had my wisdom teeth done by a dental surgeon (as opposed to a regular dentist), and they put an IV in. I asked what it was, and the nurse said, "This will help you sleep. Count backwards from 100." I got to about 97...

...and then woke up afterwards, and actually walked from the operating room to the recovery room. I think I nodded off every other stoplight or so on the drive home, after which the couch in the living room and I had some serious quality time...

Aloha,

Brad

mine told me that weed is a big stainer. worse than coffee and wine.

my dentist suggested that I get a crown for a tooth in the back that had a huge filling added 6 years ago. I guess the filling is so big that my tooth is n't going to last forever, so I should get a crown. That sounds freaky.

I then asked how much it would cost to get some crowns in gold and veneers with a few diamonds studded across and found out that my insurance wouldn't cover that.

I've had the same front tooth broken 7 times. I've had my wisdom teeth out. I've had a root canal. But nothing compares to an absessed tooth. The pain is unbelievable. My face was swelled up until the denist drilled a hole in the back of my tooth up to the root and pushed on my face. Then all the blood and pus came shooting out. Talk about instant relief.

I knocked half of each of my top front two teeth out way back in high school and had the pleasure of getting two root canals in one day. The dentist used a local (needle) on both and honestly the worst part was having to keep my mouth open for 3 hours. After that, there was no real pain but after about 2 or 3 days there was this immense pressure type feeling in the whole front of my face and that felt like something was trying to escape from inside my nose. Not pleasant.

Whose got my pharmies?

I had one last month...I don't mind the needles, so O told her to keep shooting me with them to be sure I don't feel a thing...even the slightest feeling I told her I could feel it..I got 6 needles!!!

The rest was a breeze, only trouble is keeping your mouth wide open for an hour.

Root canal's are definitly over hyped.

I had a root canal done when I was about 17...ran face first into a tackling dummy while playing baseball (don't ask! :blush:) and knocked out my front tooth.

I don't really remember the root canal...and I don't really remember the drugs...must have been pretty good!!! ;)

I do remember having my wisdom teeth pulled and that hurt a heck of a lot more than the root canal.