Jambands.ca

Keller Last Night !!!!

Marky

So Thanks to all who were in attendance last night at Lee's Palace! It was Totally sold out and i can tell you that Keller was totally happy and loving it. First headling gig, not to shabby. He can't wait to get back and we will have him back that is for sure. So thanks again and hopefully everyone had a great night as it looked like people were enjoying themselves and i guess the lack of security presence made for some free and liberal indulgence. Hope nobody got stung by the undercovers that were roaming around for a bit. LEt me know your thoughts.

keller...what can i say? I was disapointed...i think it might have been a combination of terrible sound, and terrible bartending and awful security. As far as his set went, he had some good moments, but his set lacked continuity. I'd see him again but not as a headliner.

slammin' jack was fun...good times

i remain the same with regards to Keller

talented? yes

boring? kinda

As much as I like the songs he chooses to cover (Joni Mitchell "Case of You", Grateful Deads "High Time", etc.) I don't especially like the way he interprets them.

thank you for the ticket POG :) it was great seeing some live music with you again bro

keller...what can i say? I was disapointed...i think it might have been a combination of terrible sound, and terrible bartending and awful security. As far as his set went, he had some good moments, but his set lacked continuity. I'd see him again but not as a headliner.

slammin' jack was fun...good times

i remain the same with regards to Keller

talented? yes

boring? kinda

As much as I like the songs he chooses to cover (Joni Mitchell "Case of You", Grateful Deads "High Time", etc.) I don't especially like the way he interprets them.

thank you for the ticket POG :) it was great seeing some live music with you again bro

Yea I was talking to a bunch of people who felt the same way, a few even said specifically "lacked continuity"...I dunno, I didn't notice, maybe I was too busy dancing ;)

Edited by Guest

yesss "GIRLS ARE SMARTER" was quite the surprise for us since earlier in the night we were watchin the truckin up to buffalo dvd which has a great girls are smarter on it...whooo what a show AFropappa good meeting ya man...haha good times...

Jan_06102.jpg

http:Jan_06108.jpgJan_06107.jpgJan_06101.jpgJan_06099.jpgJan_06097.jpgJan_06106.jpg

sorry the pics are so crazzzz hahah

was tryin out one of my new toys i got for christmas...and as you can see i got some majour practice ahead of me to improve..ah well :P

good to see the people i did...but man it was tight in there..hard to get around

missed the slamin jack after party :(

sorry the pics are so crazzzz hahah

was tryin out one of my new toys i got for christmas...and as you can see i got some majour practice ahead of me to improve..ah well :P

There's not much you can do when the venue is trying to create an atmosphere that works for your eyes but not the camera. Built in flashes are mostly useless except for closeup quick "say cheese" shots, and if you manage to be close enough for the built-in flash, you'll make that cool looking pose by the rock star look very un-cool.

With a point-and-shoot digi-cam, you just need to find your ISO setting ( if you have one) and bump it up as high as you can, set your camera to sports mode (I believe that works well) and wait for alot of white or bright yellow, pure blue, or green light and then start shooting.

Red hues work with the eye, but not with cameras.

show was awesome, highlights for me were def. tribe, fuel for the road, boobjob,sweet sublime lovin encore, high time was really good, so was woman r smarter, so many other sweet sweet keller tunes, crater in the backyard

as far as continuity? i dont think he stopped between 2 songs more than once or twice.

hot as hell because SOMEONE OVERSOLD THE VENUE!!

tisk tisk you greedy bastard.

was really nice to see everyone again, and meet a few new faces as well

Keller is a top shelf entertainer, and a fantastic musician.

I talked with at least five people who have never seen him before, and they were all blown away.

I've seen him a few times, and I was once again impressed, but not blown away. Part of that had to do with the fact that the place was sold out and packed. I didn't get into the venue until just after the first set started, and by that time, it was jammed. I managed to make my way up to fairly near the stage for most of the first set, where I could see Keller and the sound was good. But the tight crowd made it tough for me to settle into a groove - lots of people jostling to try to get a good place to enjoy the show.

For the second set, I spent some time near the back of the room, where the sound wasn't that good and where there was lots of chatter. I think being close enough at this show was key to really enjoying it - if I was too far back, the sound was weak, and it was hard to really enjoy Keller's quirky stage antics, facial expressions, etc.

It was nice to see such a huge crowd out for Keller, and I'm really happy for Keller and Marky and this community in general that we came out in such a big way to support the show. Yes, the crowd created some overcrowding issues in the bar, but that couldn't really be helped. I don't think that anyone really expected 600 people to show up to see Keller. Well done to Marky and everyone else who helped to get the word out!

An obvious suggestion for next time - book a bigger venue. Another suggestion for next time - consider having Keller do two sets, and then follow that with a Canadian jam band (such as Burt) and get Keller to sit in. Create some of that magic that happens when Keller sits in with SCI, some of that magic that happened when Keller and the Umphrey's guys played together at the Big Summer Classic in Toronto.

Peace, Mark

P.S. Sorry, no set list from me.