Jambands.ca

KVHW Rumour - May 2006

StoneMtn

American jamband KVHW was some sort of spin-off of the Grateful Dead. The band included Steve Kimock, Bobby Vega, Alan Hertz and former Zappa sideman Ray White

how? did any of those guys play with the grateful dead? outside of kimock with the other ones, that doesnt count.

fucking kimock.

hehe i remember back when i lived in whistler KVHW announced a show at garfs. i was so excited!!! i eagerly awaited the show, and that night walked to town through heavy snow falling to the show. when i got there i found that no one had any clue about this show happening...they had cancelled it ages before but never updated their website about it! i was so bummed.

upon emailing them they did send me a sweet CD though

:)

how? did any of those guys play with the grateful dead? outside of kimock with the other ones, that doesnt count.

fucking kimock.

Kimock was in Zero. Robert Hunter wrote songs for Zero (as well as The Dead, of course).

I guess that's a couple degrees of separation, though, and not really a spin off.

KVHW is way better than ZERO

I used to see them both countless times when I lived in Cali.

Zero is good but KVHW had an original sound that ZERO lacked. Maybe it was R. Hunters lyrics and boatloads of covers they would always play, but Zero rarely held the intensity throughout the entire night like KVHW would.

One of the best’s shows I ever saw bar none was KVHW in Truckee Ca. I am glad to know people still listen to them from time to time