Jambands.ca

Casbah issues

larry_llama

True (and that's also what I've seen here).

I'd also like to add that I liked your long explainatory post, above. It addressed (in an informative and civil manner) a lot of what's been discussed here. I got a little bummed out with the original post in this topic, because I didn't agree with boycotting a place that's coming under new management because of stuff the old management did. If I've had a bad experience with a place, and its management changes, I think that giving it another chance (but probably not more than one) is the way to go; a boycott is a "call for change", so why would you use it in response to a change?

I wish you the best of luck, whiteymuseum. I don't make it to Hamilton that often (and, when I have made it, it's been to PJC), but I hope to take in a show at Casbah (are you keeping the name?) some time.

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the original poster didn't take my request to change the threatening title of this thread I just made the change.

I don't believe this site needs to be used to call for boycotts to places that support live music.

I must say, the Casbah is well known to me just because of all of the great events that I've seen posted here over the years. I'm yet to make it to one!

To address Esau (a renewal of the liqour license did not happen because the former business owner had no intention of renewing).

Hey Brodie, my apologys, thats my fault for assuming, I commented based soley on your post in the Fat Cats thread about the AGCO and for some reason, I was under the impression you had already aquired the Casbah. No offence meant.

Congratulations, on your first business & good luck.

congrats on your new venture man, i wish you all the best!

its nice to know some of these issues will be sorted out with new management. im still keepin my fingers crossed for a table to sit and play cards at during setbreaks.

But it's the 'crapsbah'. Why would you want to go to that place? ;)

Sadly, I like closing off the back-section when the show has less than 75 people at it. The bands like it too because it brings the crowd in more intimately to the stage to make the room feel fuller. There's still 42 places to sit when the back section is closed.

I'm sorry this 'angle' we take upsets you Tooly.

im guessing that 42 includes the lounge?

IIRC at last years wassabi show, the back was roped off, the bar DEFINITLY had more than 75 ppl in it.

i can name you a dozen bars in hamilton id rather go to, but the fact remains, sometimes you get good bands coming thru there, and i like good bands. not trying to start a fight buddy, sure i called your bar the crapsbah, sure i said the sound is garbage, its my opinion, i know you dont like it, i didnt say it to get a reaction, i was simply stating my opinion. i like sitting down

hahahahahhaha

Edited by Guest

im guessing that 42 includes the lounge?

IIRC at last years wassabi show, the back was roped off, the bar DEFINITLY had more than 75 ppl in it.

Not including the lounge no.

And Wassabi, we let the rope down at 75 people.

Early arrivers would've noted the roping sure, but arrivers at midnight walked into a fully accessible club, 190 people my records show.

I can't believe this thread took off like this... leave for a day and look what happens!

Brodie, I'm glad to hear that there will be new glassware. Bottle prices (and beer type) aside, it is downright dirty to serve less than is implied by the term pint. (Even if it's not advertised as a "pint", and even if a "pint" is not a legal measurement, it still matters. It all comes down to good faith.) I'm also glad to hear there is a website in the works. And maybe when the website appears, it will be easier for us all to find out exactly who can be contacted about any issues -- then you won't have to hear our ranting and raving via message boards!

About the thread title, I did make the point early on that it wasn't REALLY about a boycott as much as a plea for sanity (and that I considered the title to be kind of a catchy "ad" for the thread). The new title is a much better reflection of the new information contained within.

I'm sure we'll all meet again soon at the new (and improved?) casbah...

Thanks both of you, and no worries Esau.

PS: Todd and I are holding ever-so-tightly on an April date for Fat Cats back at Casbah.

Awesome, hopefully I can get my ass in gear & grab the required components needed for my laptop that need repaired.

Know anyone with a power distrubution chip & keyboard for a Toshiba A70 sattelite? LOL

Cheers, I look forward to crossing paths with ya agian.

Yeah, I designed the website for the Casbah Lounge and it will be up momentarily. It's on a long list of things to do and will be addresses in time. I promise it's done. fully done. It'll go up and list shows, drinks, art space info, contact info and all that jazz.

Edited by Guest