Jambands.ca

Income Tax Service

LJFH

That's right folks....

If any of you kids in Ottawa want your taxes done, I will be more than happy to do them for you...for a small fee of course.

AND....you won't have to deal with the hassle of H&R block ...they usually screw up your return somehow if you have more than one slip..or pay a ton for someone else to do it...heheh!

So, when the time comes, let me know. I'll probably charge $15 (or a bit more) a return....depending on how simple-difficult it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Hey, I've got a tax question for you if you don't mind... If a person is living in the UK, and buying goods for a company in Canada with British Pounds, but that company pays him in Canadian funds in exchange for the services, which he then proceeds to put into his bank account in Canada undetected, thus simulataneously indirectly transfering funds into Canada and not declaring them in either country, is that like money laundering?

I'm this close to looking up money laundering in a dictionary.

Is the British company telling Inland Revenue about the employee they're paying, and how much he's being paid? If so, my guess is that Inland Revenue might come after the employee.

As to what's in the Canadian bank account, Revenue Canada knows it's there, and the employee will probably get a T-5 for the account (for the interest that's accumulated in 2005). As to whether that employee needs to file a Canadian return, I'm not sure.

Aloha,

Brad

Whoa hold up I just want to talk in third person all cryptic like to.

If the person in England didn't really like the Slip or get what they were all about but also has a perverse affection for acts like Catherine Wheel, would that person's taste in music be red flagged from the get go, as effectively moot, or is he entitled to his fair share of guilty pleasures.

Hmmm...interesting question...it's almost an "affinity laundering" kind of thing: affinity that would normally go to a group like The Slip (or Zappa) is being surreptitiously redirected to an act like Catherine Wheel...I feel the authorities should be notified if such a thing were actually taking place.

Aloha,

Brad