Jambands.ca

Gretzky knew about the betting...

badams

There is no evidence he was betting (unless you know something that I don't badams), just that he possibly knew something about it, geez some of y'all are worse than the newspaper guys here in TO. Everyone has the mysterious "sources" but no one has any facts, if there were evidence he was directly involved, which I don't believe he was, he would be charged plain and simple. This is all speculation and it pisses me off that the Jersey State officials are trying this case in the media, before anyone has a chance to defend themselves.

Im willing to bet $100 000 Gretzky gets off, Tocchet goes to jail. Anyone? Anyone?

if the TV show Sopranos has taught me anything.. Tocchet is the perfect fall guy/front man for a scheme like this one..

he is definetly not the brains behind the operation..

my take on this is that the officer that is also involved in the "ring" was on the mobs payroll tocchet owed them money from his days in philly..

mafia says you can pay us back by getting other HIGH paid people to place bet through him and the ring..

thoughts?

TRENTON, N.J. (AP-CP-TSN) - According to The Associated Press Thursday, a person with knowledge of the investigation has told them that Wayne Gretzky was recorded on a wiretap talking to the alleged financier of a gambling ring, discussing how the hockey great's wife could avoid being connected.

pfffffttt...whatever..."a person with knowledge..."

gimme a break...

There is no evidence he was betting (unless you know something that I don't badams), just that he possibly knew something about it, geez some of y'all are worse than the newspaper guys here in TO. Everyone has the mysterious "sources" but no one has any facts, if there were evidence he was directly involved, which I don't believe he was, he would be charged plain and simple. This is all speculation and it pisses me off that the Jersey State officials are trying this case in the media, before anyone has a chance to defend themselves.

I just posted the TSN Headline and commented that maybe Janet was betting for him. Just my humble opinion and I'll stick to it.

Just like...

Leafs Suck!!!

I hear ya badams, it is just really buggin me that every media outlet is reporting and speculating and commenting on crap that they have no clue is true or not, all these "sources" and "people with knowledge", blah, blah, blah it's bullshit.

Now I also have a conspiracy theory:

Do you think that the police waited until just before the Olympic break to drop this bomb in hopes of distrupting The Wayner and therefore Team Canada?

Discuss....

Im willing to bet $100 000 Gretzky gets off' date=' Tocchet goes to jail. Anyone? Anyone? [/quote']

if the TV show Sopranos has taught me anything.. Tocchet is the perfect fall guy/front man for a scheme like this one..

he is definetly not the brains behind the operation..

my take on this is that the officer that is also involved in the "ring" was on the mobs payroll tocchet owed them money from his days in philly..

mafia says you can pay us back by getting other HIGH paid people to place bet through him and the ring..

thoughts?

Pretty much how I look at it. Apparently the leaking of these names is merely a strategy to get them to cough up the names of the Mafia guys, which is pretty scary stuff. I hope Gretzky and Tocchett know how to handle this without putting anyone's life in too much danger. But that could be over-dramatizing it...but like you said, if T.V. has taught me anything...