Jambands.ca

St-Patty's Day in Ottawa

Mavericks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah really stoked for this one. Been awhile since I've heard the band.

Been workin' on Gateaux's suggestion and practising to be a "jock barrier" ;) gettin' pretty good.

Wife's gettin' pissed tho :o

Hoping to see some familiar faces and to meet some new ones. Will miss the folks headin' to snoe.down.

Have a good time wherever you are and a happy St Patty's day to ya'!

I've heard 10-ish. There's no opening act, and they're either going to do two long sets, or three shorter ones.

I was hoping for an earlier start time given that it's St-Patty's Day... just feels like it should be an all-day rager. I might be all raged out by 10pm. ;)

And with St. Patty's Day being a Friday this year, you'll have two full days to recover! Timeshift a bit of Saturday's allotment of rage-a-hol to Friday night, and you'll be fine. :o

My point is that I'm probably going to have started drinking heavily by 4pm. It's no big deal, I'll be there, I just figured everything gets started a littler earlier on March 17th.

I really hate to do this.. but I just can't help myself.. and you can all ignore me or make fun of me or whatever.. but this is a total pet peeve of mine.

It's St. PaDDy's day.. not St. PaTTy's day..

Patty is short for Patricia

Paddy is short of Patrick (from the Irish "Padraig")

sorry.. seeing "St. Patty's Day" really get's under my skin.. which is silly because I've got other big time St. Paddy's day issues.. but I won't get into those here..

Anyway.. sorry.. just had to say.. I'll bow out now.. have fun at the gig everyone.. wish I could join you all!

Edited by Guest

Whose your Paddy?

I love that joke. Irish people are nothing but drunken jokes. I won't be raising a drink to them on Friday night, instead I'll be sipping a coffee and hoping that the Irish realize that developing an entire culture on alcoholism is just lame. How many women in Ireland have been beaten by their husbands? How many irish school girls have been raped by drunken rugby teams? How many children ahve been beaten by their drunken Irish fathers to an inch of their lives for spilling wine on the carpet?There is nothing to celebrate in being Irish and drunk.

Join me as I picket the Irish Village in the Byward market to protest alcoholism and the Irish vermin that have destroyed their town and villages with their IRA sodomy.

There is nothing to celebrate in being Irish and drunk.

How about being Irish, Christian, and enjoying alcohol?

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/wine.html

"Bread to give us strength, wine to gladden our hearts, and oil to make our faces shine" is the way I learned it, but I've also heard other variations. (In fact, one of the meanings of the word messiah is "the anointed one". "In the Hebrew Bible, Israelite priests, prophets, and kings were anointed with oil in consecration to their respective offices.")

Aloha,

Brad