Jambands.ca

Derek Trucks Band equipment stolen

Esau

Quoted from the emails sent out to folks on the ABB newsletter/mailing list.

Hey there sweet family,

Some very unpeachy news to share this evening:

Derek Trucks Band Equipment Stolen....

Emergency - Please Help

The Derek Trucks Band's equipment trailer was

stolen last night in Atlanta. I need to purchase

the following equipment ASAP. Anyone who is

willing to sell any of this gear, please call me

at 303-778-1156.

1) Two blackface Super Reverbs, 1965 preferred,

1964 through 1967 acceptable. Must have

original transformers; everything else will be

tweaked by me to Derek's spec. Speakers

not important - keep 'em if you like. As long

as the cabinet and baffle board aren't busted,

I don't give a **** what it looks like.

2) One 1974 or earlier Ampeg SVT head. Must

have original trannies. Looks not important

Not looking for the oldest production with the

6146B output tubes, please.

Posters in the Atlanta area, please be on the lookout for the stolen gear.

A list of serial numbers will be posted as soon as I receive it.

Lord Valve

Here is a list of the key items that were in the

DTB trailer. This is not a complete list but these

are the items we’re most likely to spot and hopefully

recover. Please contact me if anything turns up.

Lord Valve - 303-778-1156

1) Pearl 5-piece Drum Kit (Black)

Serial numbers: 652623, 642341,

83233, 6526231, 652163

2) '66 Fender blackface Super Reverb

with Weber DT-10 speakers.

Serial number: A13225

3) '65 Fender blackface Super Reverb

with Pile Driver speakers; has

external bias and plate voltage

testpoints on rear next to line

cord. EXT speaker jack has been

converted to a line output.

Serial number: A06896

4) Hammond B-3 w/custom Leslie foot switch

Serial number: pending

5) Leslie cabinet, model 147

Serial number: H25474

6) Hohner Clavinet model E7

Serial number: 3447 410

7) Yamaha Motif keyboard

Serial number: IHO1189

8) Cool 1974 Ampeg SVT Bass Head

Serial number: 112149

9) Ampeg 4X10 bass cabinet

10) 4 LP Congas in soft bags

11) '96 Matchless Chieftain 2X10 combo amp

12) Mikes:

3 Shure SM57

2 Shure SM58

Shure Beta 52

2 AKG 460

3 EV 406

Neuman KM184

2 Sennheiser 421

Beyer M88

2 AKG C414

EV RE20

13) Furman-PL plus power conditioner

Serial number: 7Z37

14) Drawmer DL441 4 channel compressor

Serial number: 706

15) 3 DBX 160A compressors

Serial numbers: pending

16) TC Electronics D2-Delay Unit

Serial number: 3107455

17) Yamaha SPX90 effects processor

Serial number: 26308

18) Cool Tascam DAPI DAT recorder

Serial number: 580001

19: Midas Mixing Console

Serial number: 173052 0324011056

20) Tascam 8 track model DA78HR

Serial number: 100101

21) Tascam 8 track model DA38

Serial number: 270262

22) Tascam 8 track model DA38

Serial number: 40369

Take care and know that you are loved ... and we know you'll do anything you can to help,

Lana and Rowland

Atlanta sucks, and I feel bed for Derek, kofi and all but I would bet its all insured. So a benefit show seems a little unnecessary. I just hope they can find some of the hard to replace items.

lesson for all

Musicians insure your valuable equipment!!!!

Thats Fuckin Low....Hope those Dirty Bastards get whats comin to them

Just a personal observation: I realize that this board is frequented by many people who are involved in the music scene-- and I hope I don't sound ignorant or insensitive to your needs... Also, I guess I should consider the fact that this is "jambands.ca" (you freakin dummy--duh) however, I find that at times situations that involve musicians are put on some sort of heirachal petistal... For example, I would agree that it is a very unfortunate circumstance that this particular band lost its equipment--I do hope they recover it, or at the least have insurance and the ability to either find the equipment they have been using or at least something compatible... I have to admit though, this circumstance doesn't really affect me all that much... Don't get me wrong, I love the music, I consider this genre (if there really is such a thing) to be my choice in music, and I do support it on a regular basis.... However, I don't share the same sort of passion , or emotional attachment as others...

(I do get extremely depressed by Buffalo Bill, Team Canada, Celtic--misfortune--which maybe reflects what I am thinking about here) I love to hear about shows, I find I have increased my musical knowledge two-maybe even three fold over the couple of years I have been here... I find that I am more interested in posts that involve the friends I have befriended, its an outlet to keep in touch with some mighty fine folk. I definitely have an interest in world politics.. But, I find there are very strong commitments to the music and bands here that I can't familiarize with at times.... anyways, this is by no means a slight towards anyone else here, I just felt like sharing my thoughts on the subject... Now back to the weekend...

Just a personal observation: I realize that this board is frequented by many people who are involved in the music scene-- and I hope I don't sound ignorant or insensitive to your needs... Also, I guess I should consider the fact that this is "jambands.ca" (you freakin dummy--duh) however, I find that at times situations that involve musicians are put on some sort of heirachal petistal... For example, I would agree that it is a very unfortunate circumstance that this particular band lost its equipment--I do hope they recover it, or at the least have insurance and the ability to either find the equipment they have been using or at least something compatible... I have to admit though, this circumstance doesn't really affect me all that much... Don't get me wrong, I love the music, I consider this genre (if there really is such a thing) to be my choice in music, and I do support it on a regular basis.... However, I don't share the same sort of passion , or emotional attachment as others...

(I do get extremely depressed by Buffalo Bill, Team Canada, Celtic--misfortune--which maybe reflects what I am thinking about here) I love to hear about shows, I find I have increased my musical knowledge two-maybe even three fold over the couple of years I have been here... I find that I am more interested in posts that involve the friends I have befriended, its an outlet to keep in touch with some mighty fine folk. I definitely have an interest in world politics.. But, I find there are very strong commitments to the music and bands here that I can't familiarize with at times.... anyways, this is by no means a slight towards anyone else here, I just felt like sharing my thoughts on the subject... Now back to the weekend...

Huh? You've lost me here, what "heirachal petistal" are you speaking of? I just thought this would be of interest. I'm curious to what your point is?

That's fucking awful. The monetary value aside, I know what it feels like as a musician to lose a piece of gear you love...and I'm not even a career musician here, and I'm talking about two guitars that were stolen from me. This is literally the band's ENTIRE arsenal, minus guitars (it appears). Those blackface Super Reverbs with original transformers are gonna be difficult to replace...I'm sure they'll find something with their combination of fame (as it were) and connections. Fuckin bummer though, man.

Duece, NumeroDos, what's-your-face, whatever; I too am lost at your point. I think the people who showed sympathy here are mostly musicians or people involved in the music industry as it were. Since this is a music forum, this all makes perfect sense to me. I sort of get your point in the proverbial sense, as yes, children are still starving in Africa and America is still making an ass of humanity. But this forum and this thread seem to fit like pees in a pod to me.

Just my 2 cents, if you don't hate me yet, jump on board.

once again, I wasn't taking a stab at anyone here Esau, I obviously was interested in the post or I wouldn't have checked it out... I guess I can't help but be ignorant, since I have no clue how difficult it is to replace this type of equipment, or the significance to their music this particular type of equipment has... I think I was just thinking aloud, and just sharing an observation that I can't relate to other members enthusiasm or passion for the music scene...

I remember catching Frank Black at the Horseshoe 4 years ago, the day after he had all of his gear stolen, including his famous Telecaster. Steve's Music gave Frank amps and guitars to play for his 5 day run at The 'shoe.

This really sucks for Derek and his band. I hope they catch and kill the people responsible.

once again, I wasn't taking a stab at anyone here Esau,

um..ok, strangely enough, I read that the first time. No need to repeat yourself. I was lost on wtf you were talking about, so I asked. Nothing more. Although, my interest in what you were talking about has now worn off, seeing the direction anymore inquiry will probally take this (as per usual with you), I'll cease and simply not care.

Cheers

I find that in these particular situations, musicians and computer geeks can offer alot with their connections to music equipment and abilities to find equipment on the internet.

Like I posted, I found an amp that fit their description on eBay for $2000 and emailed it off. I'm just hoping others might do the same.

When someone is looking for a particular piece of vintage equipment, nothing works better than word of mouth, and the internet is the biggest mouth out there. Esau extended the mailing list call out by posting it here.