Jambands.ca

Come Together Music Fest update ...

mark tonin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I have to give props to the sound crew. They give a lot to the festival. A lot of the equipment is theirs, which they transport themselves. They give a whole lot more time than just the weekend to set up and tear down all that. The mixers stay sober until they are done their job and they really put their best effort in to providing the best sound possible, not only focusing on the mains, but getting the monitors to satisfy the players. So many sound crews neglect the monitors and basically tell the musicians to suck it up and stop being pussies. But the more confident the band is in what they're playing, the better the show, no? From my limited understanding of band dynamics, communication is huge. If you can't hear what everyone else is doing, how can you have a good jam? If the jams aren't good, then the fans complain. Personally, I'm pretty picky about the sound myself, but I think that Scott and crew do a great job. I love the mix they produce and they are pros at disaster relief. I know that Scott and Doug have worked together on many occasions and get along wonderfully, both socially and musically. I give total props to the sound crew. Scott, Wayne, Pete, Tom, Ron, I love ya's!!!!

Here is some more info about the festival from Mark Wilson:

There will be a limited number of tickets sold to this festival, with the hope of selling out in advance. Only 500 tickets will be sold, with an advance ticket price of $65. I'm not sure about ticket locations or the on-sale date yet.

There will be three stages running - a tent stage, an acoustic stage, and a late night stage.

Mark Wilson is looking for a few volunteers to work at the gate, so email him at wilcometogether@hotmail.com if you are interested.

More info to follow.

Looking forward to returning to Frontier Town!

Peace, Mark

Only 500 tickets will be sold, with an advance ticket price of $65. I'm not sure about ticket locations or the on-sale date yet.

Price is not bad.

500 tickets. Out of curiosity anyone happen to know aprox. what the CTMF's avg attendance has been the last few times?

I'm a little disappointed it's at Frontier Town: I've been to two CTMFs (Labour Day, 2001; Victoria Day, 2002), both at Frontier Town, and after missing the Victoria Day fest last year (due to injury), I was looking forward to seeing what Izzy's was like. (In fact, I find Frontier Town not a particularly pleasant place to spend a weekend. Good music and good people, yes, but the surroundings just aren't to my taste.)

Aloha,

Brad

I love Frontier Town, there is no place on earth I know of more psychedelic than the saloon at 5 a.m. I only wonder why a limit of 500? (Actually I know why) If Izzies can handle more people than why leave?

I liked the idea that CTMF is (was??) growing. I've been to every CTMF at Izzies and have seen the crowds growing and diversifing.

In the end, as long as I get to spend a weekend of partyin it down CTMF style, I'll be happy as a pig in shit.

BTW: If I recall correctly this little party wasn't called the CTMF until it was at Izzies. Are we in for another name change in case Izzy has a patent?

BTW: If I recall correctly this little party wasn't called the CTMF until it was at Izzies. Are we in for another name change in case Izzy has a patent?

my ticket from 2001 Ghosttown says CTMF on it. I believe it was called CTMF previous to being at Frontier town also.

Edited by Guest

It was called the Come Together Music Festival, even when it was at Frontier Town. But people generally referred to it as being at Frontier Town, or at Ghost Town, and many people continued to do so, even after it moved to Izzy's.

I'm not sure why things fell through for this year at Izzy's, but they did.

There is going to be a limit on the number of tickets sold and the size of the festival in an attempt to keep the festival at a size that will stay "under the radar." This will undoubtedly disappoint some people, but many others look forward to a small grassroots Canadian music festival with 500 friends.

I will miss the on-site lakes, big trees, and facilities at Izzy's, but there is something magical about Frontier Town. It's a ghost town, it's dirty, it has a saloon, and it's where all of this "started" for me. So many friendships, so many memories ...

Peace, Mark

It's always been Come Together Music Festival. Yes, even at Frontier Ghost Town. The ghost town is rich with history and the trees talk to you sometimes.

c-towns: jesus murphy is now Superstack only SOBER! They play a lot better but it's the same general idea. Hopefully they get a good slot and we're not all dancing around with glowsticks to rave beats in the saloon at 5am!

There is going to be a limit on the number of tickets sold and the size of the festival in an attempt to keep the festival at a size that will stay "under the radar." This will undoubtedly disappoint some people,

I don't think it will disappoint people as much as it will make them come up without tickets and crash the gate. There is no doubt in my mind that people from all over will be showing up without tickets! Speaking of which, where and when can I get one?!?!!