• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

July 18, 2006Hummingbird Centre

One Front Street

Toronto, ON

Doors at 6:30PM, Show at 7:30PM

Trey will perform with Mike Gordon, Marco Benevento and Joe Russo. Tickets go on sale Friday, May 26 at Noon (EST). Tickets are $38.50 reserved. This is an all ages show. Tickets will be available at the venue box office, select TicketMaster outlets, and Ticketmaster Online. Tickets will be available through a real time presale beginning Tuesday, May 16th at Noon (EST) and ending Thursday, May 25 at noon (EST) at http://treytickets.rlc.net

now i dont have to worry about the stupid border OR the drive to darien lake

[color:purple]Or that silly Phil Lesh guy. What's he thinking with all those extra notes' date=' weird timings, multiple key signatures, and fancy jamming?[/color']

Willy, you make me laugh! I like the Hummingbird Centre as a venue, and the Trey/Mike/Marco/Joe show there has huge potential, but the thought of adding Phil & Friends to the bill, and holding it outside at a venue that I can camp at, and party at, puts it over the top for me.

I still might hit up the Toronto show, but man oh man the concert budget is getting stretched in a big way.

Peace, Mark

wicked

the hummingbird is an awesome venue... saw Tom Waits there a while back, very classy joint... beautiful and stately... awesome for this sorta show

had just decided Darien was off the way too over-crowded list of coming events, though it was enormously tempting... saving my next phil show for the next big cash pile I bump into... and now looking forward to this! (without having to cross over into george bush's america, hate the border hassle)

nice! looks like I'll be making my yearly Tdot trip afterall!!

before i was apprehensive about Darien due to the opening slot at an outdoor venue: weak light show plus too much distraction and too much hype can lead to a potentially frustrated experience, unless you're within the first 50 rows from the stage; expect peeps to just blab away in between non-phishy trax. Can't begin to tell you how many first set outdoor letdowns I've had being stuck on the law surrounded by blabbering yahoos.

I'm all for the Hummingbird center: intimate venue where the lights (hopefully in the hands of Kuroda) shine bright!

Bring it ;-)

before i was apprehensive about Darien due to the opening slot at an outdoor venue: weak light show plus too much distraction and too much hype can lead to a potentially frustrated experience, unless you're within the first 50 rows from the stage

It's a good point ... I've had that experience as well with opening bands at big outdoor venues. Having said that, I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to get within 50 rows of the stage during the opening sets ... I don't think that the amphitheatre will be very full when the show starts.

But I agree that the Hummingbird Centre will likely be a better spot to catch Trey/Mike/Marco/Joe than Darien Lake will be.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest