Jambands.ca

QotD- 06-15-06 Are you missing something?

boiler

Sometimes is just feels like I'm missing something?

Anybody else feel like that ever? If anyone has any answers, please fill me in. (Please no references to the scientology thread, I already know what I'm missing there, and I'm just as glad to miss it).

Guest Low Roller

I've been missing my driving licence for over a month. It turns out it stayed in Italy when I came back to England. I just got word from the hotel where I stayed that they found it.

In an act of cosmic balance today is the day that Andrea returned to Canada for the summer while I languish away at my job in the UK. I'm already missing her.

I continue missing all my friends and haunts in Canada.

I'm also missing my joy of playing on guitar. I just can't get into it anymore.

I hope that I didn't miss the point of this thead?

Something's missing,

and I don't know how to fix it

Something's missing,

and I don't know what it is, no I don't know what it is

Friends check, Money check

good times check, guitar check

all check, all of you, check

everyone, check

havin' fun

And I don't know what it is, no I don't know what it is at all

-----------------------------

I dunno I think its just going through life at the rate we are going - busy, busy, busy - when you do slow down for just a second all you can do is reflect and wonder if everything is in check...

There's nothing really missing - its just this overwhelming feeling you get when things moving at such a fast pace - and then they slow down - (for instance - when your close to or have just made a life altering decision or about to embark on a new stage in your life - things tend to begin to move in slow motion and all you can do is think and analyze and reflect...

Not sure that's what I think anyway....I get that feeling every once and a while when things having been a literal blur for a while

Hope you figure it out!!!

oh and if you're in town - come out Saturday!!!!

Edited by Guest

I hate forgetting shit in hotels. grrr. You'd think they'd call you being they likley have your phone number, but nope, the cleaners kids get to wear that stuff to school.

I've also had problems with restaurants, who would want to wear a used baseball hat anyway?

I've been missing my driving licence for over a month. It turns out it stayed in Italy when I came back to England. I just got word from the hotel where I stayed that they found it.

a hotel in italy actually called you to tell you they found your license? that sir is a goddamn miracle. i think you should go get it, has to be a sign. ;)

[where in italy were you, out of curiosity?]

"....every once in a while, she gets this really terrible feeling--you know, like something is missing. She checks her purse, and then she checks her keys. She counts her kids, she goes crazy, and then she realizes that nothing is missing. She decided it was side effects from skipping the prom."

When I moved to BC 8 years ago, I stopped in Toronto at my brother's house and left all my CDs there, and then arranged to have them sent out to me later.

When they arrived several months later, all of my rarest discs were gone. (I can only assume that someone visiting my brother got into my discs and absconded with some of the best.)

To this day, regularly, I miss my bootleg box-set Zappa discs from eastern Europe, "Apocrypha".