Jambands.ca

Trey+Mike jam with local Tdot band tonight at club!!

Tenenbaum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...that was the most fun I have had watchng trey and mike since I was like 19 years old. Seriously, they were having so much fun up there.

I kind of wish that the lead singer of the "House Band", would have left the stage for a little while, as there were places that trey mike and the duo were heading that could have been very interesting. It seemed however, that he was more interested in asking if the people like his band or not.

He had a serious case of envy going on...it was pretty funny. All the people went nuts for the boys!

They were a solid band though. I didn't catch there name.

Well worth it.

Mike

sounds fun.

pretty weak (imo) on people not sharing the location though. who knows, they might have been letting more people in/selling more tickets at the door, you never know with these things, especially if it was that way on previous occasions.

agreed... very weak.

Guys, I posted a WHOLE THREAD about this in the afternoon when I learned I could secure a booth. Once it was too late, and after getting ZERO confirmed replies, I deleted the content of the thread.

Look for it - it has the title "deleted".

I did EVERYTHING I could to get people there. I was lucky as hell to get me plus 2 in.

Hey, I thought you were taking a cat nap?

I would have gone. But I thought there was going to be no music. My fault, I should have known otherwise. And at the time I was sure my wife wouldn't have been happy about the $40, but she would have been OK with it after the fact having told her that they played...

Guys, I posted a WHOLE THREAD about this in the afternoon when I learned I could secure a booth. Once it was too late, and after getting ZERO confirmed replies, I deleted the content of the thread.

I did EVERYTHING I could to get people there. I was lucky as hell to get me plus 2 in.

i guess timing is everything... i didn't see it until it said deleted.

Guest Low Roller

[color:purple]At least you're not bitter. ;)

He tried pholks...

The band is called Grooveyard and is led by Toronto Jazz guitarist Michael Occhipinti. Check Mike out as he is a ripper !

THANK YOU! Yes, Michael Occhipinti is a remarkable player, I recall he had a wonderful album of jazz interpretations of Bruce Cockburn tunes a few years back; lovely stuff.

Now that I know who they sat in with, I can gather some enthusiasm for it. That must have been really rather good!

I wish we could have been there. I was shivering on the sofa (like Homer eating a month old submarine sandwich) in our suite trying to keep down wonton soup. Sun and Dehydration can be a bitch.

I definatley would have looked too cool for the party. Wait until you see my new wife-beater for tonight ;)

I didn't realize that this was posted last week.

that sucks Mike!

yeah, I got a little too much sun this weekend during a picnic/stroll in Niagara-On-The-Lake with Laurie. Was pretty spaced for the rest of the day and slept for like 14 hours yeaterday.

I think the heat has finally broken, thank God! Have a great time at the show tonight. Tell Trey I say hello. He's a nice man. Loved his dog, and then it passed away and everything seemed to get difficult for the poor guy.

I never have been dehydrated before so I didn't even realize that the symptoms I had had taking me beyond first stages.

Gatorade worked wonders though.

So tonight is definately going to be a blast. I can't get over how many people I know that are going.

They have always been no cover and by guest list only, its for those who need to know. Bottom line is if you on the list then you should be on it.
We started it for the band, a place to be private, get away from the regulars, hang and meet some new and interesting people.
the peeps who posted the party on here last week are a bunch of fuckin pricks and we know who you are. Your access to our parties will never be permitetd again.

Ah, such niceness, kindness and inclusivness.

If you started "your" parties for the band why do you care who shows up, how do you screen if they are 'interesting,' why do you come on here to talk about private parties if they're so exclusive, and then call people pricks who do the same?

AD