Jambands.ca

Return of the jambands.ca email spammers!!

hamilton

Okay, so today I received more spam from some FUCKING ASSHOLE who has culled the adresses from the personal profiles on this site to promote their latest lame-o show.

So, many thanks to whoever the jerk-offs at NuFunk.ca are for sinking to the level of the Horny Housewife, from who I receive spam too. I shall make a special point of not attending anything that you promote - not that I could attend anyway, because I'm on the other side of the planet, you dipshit, which you might have done well to notice while you were culling my address.

Please don't tell me that all I have to do is request to be removed from the list. I know that. That's not the point.

Why do we have to go through this every year?

I also received said e-mail. I know for a fact that I have *never* put my e-mail address down anywhere on a mailing list, and I can't even imagine anyone putting my e-mail down in my absence.

In the past, I wrote back asking to be taken off all their mailing lists. A couple of times into this cycle, I wrote back and was far less polite about it.

And yet, like chronic genital warts, they keep coming back.

I give up. Apparently, there is *nothing* you can do, short of changing your e-mail account, to get off this spam train. Which is a shame because I don't think Jaydawg is an asshole or anything. I just sincerely wish that my objections would be considered, whether they are deemed to be petty or not.

Jay, you have my respect for bringing live music and I know you gotta get the word out. I wish you all the success in the world. But I want off your mailing lists, now more out of priniciple than anything else.

And yet, like chronic genital warts, they keep coming back.

:P:P:P:P

the night just keeps getting better!

but I, too, would like to see slagging kept to minimum.

What's the point in getting worked up over spam emails??? I get so much spam these days (mostly from "now's-the-time-to-invest-in-"XXXXXcompany"-and-we-SOOOO-believe-in-it-that-we-need-to-use-odd-subject-lines-to-get-past-your-filters" spammers, but honestly, to get so worked up over occasional emails announcing music events you neither CAN nor CARE TO attend seems silly to me.

I know, I know, (I can hear your yelling), it's the principle, the ethical point of NOT 'stealing' email addies.

seriously bigger shit to worry about, folks

Fine, then. He's not an asshole. I apologize for the inappropriate name-calling.

However, NuFunk.ca has used incredibly poor judgement in culling these emails from the board; I refuse to believe that so many people from this board *all* had their names added by a "friend" at a show or event somewhere, particularly given the wide geographical range of the respondents to this thread so far.

This board itself functions as a method of "getting the word out". We all log in here frequently - there is no need to bombard my inbox with spam regarding the latest gig. I can find out all that I need to know just by looking at these forums. If I don't care enough to check the forums, I probably don't care enough to go to the show, either.

I just can't believe that we have to go through the same debate at least once per year.

What's the point in getting worked up over spam emails??? I get so much spam these days (mostly from "now's-the-time-to-invest-in-"XXXXXcompany"-and-we-SOOOO-believe-in-it-that-we-need-to-use-odd-subject-lines-to-get-past-your-filters" spammers, but honestly, to get so worked up over occasional emails announcing music events you neither CAN nor CARE TO attend seems silly to me.

I know, I know, (I can hear your yelling), it's the principle, the ethical point of NOT 'stealing' email addies.

I suppose it's because I would have expected higher standards from this community. I don't expect that people trying to sell me Viagara or cheap real estate are going to be principled.

I can guarantee with absolute certainty that no one would have added my address at an event.

I suppose "someone" added meggo's name, too?

I'm not sure how you'd get 'culled'. I don't see your email address anywhere in your profile. I doubt you've posted it in a thread where it was found either. How do you think your email address was pulled from here? I have no theories.

I guess I'm just suggesting that you shouldn't assume that people are harvesting email addresses. My email is posted all over the place here, and I didn't get that email.

Rest assured, noone has any access to this database. I've been asked many times to share up the email list, but I've never ever done it and never will.

However, if there ever is a newsletter here, I would hope it would be welcomed. If not, then there will be a way to stay out of it in your profile.

Brian - should I continue to listen to Ryan Adams, or should I watch Law & Order in 4 minutes?

actually, you should burn some Ryan Adams for Dave & I (willing, but unknowledgeable converts) whilst ...you heard me, whilst watching Law & Order.

I've been asked many times to share up the email list, but I've never ever done it and never will.

please remove your gold chain, sunglasses, and pistol from your pants (oooops, sorry...didn't realize that was a pair of socks :blush: ) Gansta hip-hop party-time time is over white boy!