Jambands.ca

Return of the jambands.ca email spammers!!

hamilton

Rest assured, noone has any access to this database. I've been asked many times to share up the email list, but I've never ever done it and never will.

However, if there ever is a newsletter here, I would hope it would be welcomed. If not, then there will be a way to stay out of it in your profile.

Didn't mean to imply that *you* or anyone inolved with the administration of this site would do so, bouche. I know you guys better than that.

I don't mind getting emails about live shows to tell the truth (I didn't sign up for these, that I know). But I have 3 emails I use frequently, one is personal (family & friends never post publicly), another is used only only when joining websites, music vines and mailing lists signed at shows or online and another used for music trades. I just wonder when I get them on my personal email.

Although, I have recieved many show announcement/newsletter emails that clearly show every person's email that said messege went out to, leaving all those addresses open for anyone who recieved it. Perhaps this has been the case for some people. But that still doesn't justify things.

Greg...I think this is the wisest course of action...I myself have 2 emails...for the first 2 purposes you mentioned above. Careful though I am with my family&friends addy, it does get 'breached'...how, I'm not sure...but my guess is that it doesn't take Einstein

to crack a firstname.lastnameATgenericserver.ca addy

side note: I always slightly alter the spelling of my name when filling out contests or subscriptions as it is VERY interesting to note who gets sold which piece of info.....hey kids, you can try this at home!!!

Didn't mean to imply that *you* or anyone inolved with the administration of this site would do so, bouche. I know you guys better than that.

Don't even go there ;) I didn't read it that way... not even close. I just wanted to state that fact because it has come up before, and I have replied in emails "Privacy is very important to me. Sorry."

It is possible that there could be someone that thinks I would share that info, and I didn't really think that anyone could consider that until this issue came up again.

As for email accounts, I have 1 yahoo, 1 Hotmail, 1 Google and 1 Jambands.ca account. And for the record, the latest Yahoo interface is quite amazing. It's still beta, but it really rocks. The latest Hotmail is excellent too and I use Gmail very regularily...especially at work. I have my jambands.ca account forwarded to it so that I can view and respond to emails while 'working'.

Seriously check out the latest yahoo mail. I don't know how available it is at this time, but it's really good.

Hey Hamilton, Meggo, Blane and Jambands.ca,

I think some of the emails must have come from a Fat Cats related email that was sent out that had every named CC:ed on it. I was compling some email addresses a year ago to help promote their appearance at Come Together... and put many master lists together of all the names of people who have signed on to my email lists or have ever emailed me, or had to do with any show I have produced.

Nufunk.ca or my own independent productions have never had a very good or consistent mailing list, mostly because it's very difficult to send 300-400 emails from hotmail... I've tried a couple of systems from small packets of email addresses with hotmail, gmail and outlook, to full on email systems, (motion4.com)

I'm now using Campaigner.com and because I'm dealing with so many individual names, it's really hard to know where or when these names were collected... I'm going to keep with this system and those people who do not like their names on this list can be automatically removed. So I will hope that I will not bother some of you ever again.

I would like to appologize to those who did not want to be on my list, please opt out if you please, then the address will be automatically deleted.

I did not mean any ill will to the jambands.ca community I very much love and I have not culled any emails from Jambands.ca, rather i have hijacked some names from projects i have worked on.

ok, no biggie.

Though it's curious that I've never been on a fat cats mailing list (haven't even seem them since 1998) or received mail from them, nor ever attended a CTMF or similar event. At any rate, I've unsubscribed and that should take care of it I expect.

Thanks.

Jay, the cheapest way I would suggest doing email lists, which is what I do, is to have a database driven website, and have a back door on the website that lets you add to (also on the main page), edit the email list, sort in order of province, state, international, etc. In fact, I can log onto my website's back door, write my email, type in the subject line, select which or all prov/state/country I would like to send to, and it gets sent from my site, with everyone's own email address in the 'to:' line, just like a mail-merge. And it's absolutely free to do, unlike email web companies. Our webguy can do if for you cheaply. He's the bomb, and very very reasonable for a webguy.

Whenever these threads start, I must admit that I too, hate being added to people's lists, mainly if I don't know them. It's common that music industry people that I know add me to their list, and vise versa, but often it's strangers and it pisses me off. I hate spam. It's made it so that when I send out my own email list about shows, etc., I have to navigate a whole hoard of inbox defences. People often don't get the emails, or they haven't added me as a contact though they signed the list, or they just don't get the message because it's blocked because it contains a word not allowed. Or I have to get a program to test my emails first. etc. This is why I am against spam. And of course the privacy factor. If everyone who had a band or did music stuff did it, I'd get 1000 emails a day, and never get to the personal ones.

Hey jay, how do I get added to the list? Nufunk ain't so bad bringing me slowcoaster et al last saturday, JSB tour, etc. Most of the other shows you promote are good too. Can I sign up on a website?

As to spam... I don't think it would be smart for me to get into that right now since this post will get very long and very vulgar (I don't like spam, either on the internet or from a can)

Edited by Guest

can't we all just get along?

can't we all just talk about more bigger penises???? please?

please????

Absolutley Clamity Jane we can talk about bigger penis's. Magnum's been waiting for this debate for ever! That's for bringing it up.

Let me start..."My johnson is as big as a sperm whale with elephantitis"

Discuss....