Jambands.ca

just another day at the office

livingstoned

Been here an hour and a half now and decided to go to the kitchen for a drink...get up look down and discover I have my shirt on inside out! That's right folks - in addition my hair is up exposing the tag - no one seemed to notice or at least no one told me....

Quick trip to the washroom and I'm good as new but I realize now it's most likely going to be 'one of those days'

great story...but we need more like that to get us through..."just another day at the office"

:D

myself i wear a lab coat, hair net and beard net from the time I get here till the time I leave...which is only really needed to be worn when I am out in the plant not in the office...granted I am in and out of the plant to the office alot...even when I am at my desk I just leave it all on...to hide my crap selection of work cloths and poor grooming..hehe... oh the shit we do to make money...come on lotto ticket I bought last night ;)

It's always a good start to the day when you spill coffee down your white shirt in not one, but 2 places. And not *at* work, where you can clean up relatively easily and minimize embarrassing stainage--oh no!--on the subway!

I should know better than to get coffee before I get on the train...particularly when wearing white. Coffeetastrophe.

food-safe....hahahaha! I like the ring to that.

we just took our girls to the Hersey's plant in Smiths Falls yesterday...are you also subject to the drooley stares of visitors as they wander through the plant (separated by plate-glass)?

we bought waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much chocolate taboot. But I bet the yummy-chocolately-smell wears off quick, eh?

Carrie....what a hilarious story...will have me smirking all day. But couldda been worse...the undone pants-zipper is what I live in fear of. Why is it that we ALL stare (surreptitiously) but can't bring ourselves to tell someone....?

what lines can you use to politely draw attention to the fact that someone has

~~ an undone zipper?

~~ a big booger hanging out their nose?

~~ inside-out clothes?

~~ food in the teeth?

~~ lipstick all over the teeth (yuck! *shudder*)

???????????????

It's always a good start to the day when you spill coffee down your white shirt in not one, but 2 places. And not *at* work, where you can clean up relatively easily and minimize embarrassing stainage--oh no!--on the subway!

I should know better than to get coffee before I get on the train...particularly when wearing white. Coffeetastrophe.

I can one-up this story, believe it or not....I once spilled coffee on the subway, on someone else's white pants!!!!!!!!

I swore from that day on, no more coffee on the subway....if looks could kill...oh boy....I was just standing up to get off, train lurched, coffee spashes the white pant leg of shi-shi dressed woman. Now I have to make the split second decision (as the coffee is slowing soaking into her leg, making her aware that something is up) whether to bolt, without an apology, or offer a useless apology and then bolt. I opted for the latter and that look of disbelief, anger and pure hatred she gave me haunts me to this day!!!!!

all my lab coats are stained...i joke that they are really just my bib :P works well though!

we really dont have tours on a regular basis at this plant...and we do not make chocolate at this site...we make candy(swedish fish,berries,sour patch kids,fuzzy peaches,wine gums,gummi bears,licorice the list goes and on and on into candyland :P

Edited by Guest

food-safe....hahahaha! I like the ring to that.

we just took our girls to the Hersey's plant in Smiths Falls yesterday...are you also subject to the drooley stares of visitors as they wander through the plant (separated by plate-glass)?

we bought waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much chocolate taboot. But I bet the yummy-chocolately-smell wears off quick, eh?

Carrie....what a hilarious story...will have me smirking all day. But couldda been worse...the undone pants-zipper is what I live in fear of. Why is it that we ALL stare (surreptitiously) but can't bring ourselves to tell someone....?

what lines can you use to politely draw attention to the fact that someone has

~~ an undone zipper?

~~ a big booger hanging out their nose?

~~ inside-out clothes?

~~ food in the teeth?

~~ lipstick all over the teeth (yuck! *shudder*)

???????????????

zipper down yes ok embarrasing at the least - how about a couple of months ago - I'm at a co-workers desk and I am leaning down to look at the report on-screen at his desk so elbows on desk - ass in the air. Another co-worker comes flying over "Carrie stand up" - "wha" I say - you've got a huge hole in the ass of your pants...that's right folks - all class here!!!!

huge hole in the seam of the arse of my pants - not enough that its there - its the day I pick to do the ass in the air lean over someones desk displaying my hot pink undies for everyone to see - coulda been worse I suppose I coulda had thongs on! HAHA!

yep I'm the talk of this place for SURE!

all my lab coats are stained...i joke that they are really just my bib :P works well though!

we really dont have tours on a regular basis at this plant...and we do not make chocolate at this site...we make candy(swedish fish,berries,sour patch kids,fuzzy peaches,wine gums,gummi bears,licorice the list goes and on and on into candyland :P

you have the best job in the world!

Been here an hour and a half now and decided to go to the kitchen for a drink...get up look down and discover I have my shirt on inside out! That's right folks - in addition my hair is up exposing the tag - no one seemed to notice or at least no one told me....

Quick trip to the washroom and I'm good as new but I realize now it's most likely going to be 'one of those days'

Drinks got the best of you last night eh? I'm glad I didn't work to catch up. ;)

hehehe I've done that before too Carrie (the shirt thing). I also remember wearing a fresh pair of jeans, and while I was walking around the office a static cling hitchhiking sock fell out of the pant leg... I guess I'm lucky it was just a sock.

Thank god I don't have to get dressed for work anymore. Working from home kicks it!