Jambands.ca

Another terror plot thwarted...

Paan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever happened to the good old days of 'top secret' files? there are some things out there that i just would prefer NOT to know.

sometimes, i develop conspiracy theories in which i think that the US government makes up stories like these to keep fear levels topped up. In an effort to continue on with the 'war on terror'. just when they think people are starting to forget about terror, it's like a needle in the arm, feeding us another dose of 'bin laden is coming for you!!'

whatever happened to the good old days of 'top secret' files? there are some things out there that i just would prefer NOT to know.

sometimes, i develop conspiracy theories in which i think that the US government makes up stories like these to keep fear levels topped up. In an effort to continue on with the 'war on terror'. just when they think people are starting to forget about terror, it's like a needle in the arm, feeding us another dose of 'bin laden is coming for you!!'

you know, that's the first thing i thought. i've been on holidays for the last couple of weeks, and deliberately went on a news-free diet.

it's amazing how much better i felt after 2 weeks of no news and no work.

i think that this is a lead-up to midterm congressional elections. ratchet up the fear level through the fall, and then let the repubs stading for election rally on abouut how their party will protect the fatherland country :P

they could easily make up news since they run everything that feeds the media. How do you even know that the moon landing existed?

The world could also really be flat or...get this, a hollow sphere and we're living on the inner rim (like inside a balloon) and when you're looking UP into space, you're really looking into a gaping void inside your sphere with a black hole in the middle the compresses everything you see so that it appears really large, but in fact, everything gets smaller the further out you think you're looking.

how do you like them apples?

One really good thing about the intelligence and counterterrorism efforts is that they keep us alive and we will never know their successes. I think this is the biggest reason for the Bush administration smirk and swagger, it's like 'look tofuti treats, if you knew what we know you wouldn't be picketing right now'.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

One really good thing about the intelligence and counterterrorism efforts is that they keep us alive and we will never know their successes. I think this is the biggest reason for the Bush administration smirk and swagger, it's like 'look tofuti treats, if you knew what we know you wouldn't be picketing right now'.

damn straight! somehow even though an attack was 'thwarted', there's enough alert and terror to cause the banning of liquids. so what exactly was accomplished and who accomplished it?

I wonder what it means for Duty-Free liquid items such as booze?

I read that the duty-free was shut down.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

corey, you are the best. i want to buy your rock.

Here is one of the media thingies that bothers me.

One official said the suicide attackers planned to use a peroxide- based solution that could ignite when sparked by a camera flash or another electronic device.

From Breitbart.com or other online media outlets, I wonder why they disclose this 'hint' of a way to create an easy bomb that could ignite by a camera flash or 'another' electronic device. To me, that is just hints on ways to create an explosion.

Most people wouldn't know this, but since the media decided to release this info, NOW THEY DO.

Has media gone too far? I think YES. To get 'the story out' so fast that details which should be deemed as 'sensitive' are published, we are all going to eventually feel more at risk.

mutha fucka

Dear WestJet Guest,

On Thursday, August 10, 2006, Transport Canada announced increased

security at all Canadian airports following a major counter-terrorism

operation in the United Kingdom.

As a result of this situation, Transport Canada has implemented

restrictions for carry-on baggage. Until further notice, no liquids,

gels or creams will be allowed on board any aircraft, either on your

person or in carry-on baggage. Liquids or gels in containers of any

size include: all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, toothpaste,

hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. These items can be

placed in checked baggage but will be at the guest's own risk. Any of

the above mentioned items will be confiscated at pre-board security

screening. Guests may bring aboard baby formula, breast milk,

if a baby or small child is travelling. Prescription medicine

with a name that matches the guest's ticket, insulin and essential

other non-prescription medicines are allowed. At time of check-in,

WestJet customer service agents will give guests the option to

remove any restricted items from their carry-on baggage and place

them in their checked baggage. These restrictions currently apply

to all flights including transborder into the U.S., domestic and

international. Due to possible delays at security screening, guests are

advised to check in a minimum of two hours prior to departure.

All these restrictions are subject to change. For updated information on

these or other Government of Canada security requirements please visit;

www.tc.gc.ca or www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca or phone 1-888-294-2202.

If you have any questions regarding your travel arrangements with WestJet,

please contact us at 1-800-538-5696.

WestJet

"Because the plot involved taking liquid explosives aboard planes in carry-ons, passengers at all U.S. and British airports, and those boarding U.S.-bound flights at other international airports, are banned from taking any liquids onto planes."

liquidshit.jpg

Sir, I'm going to have to take this bottle of water away from you since it might be a liquid explosive, and I'm going to have to mix it with all of these other bottles of possibly liquid explosive, and I'm going to have to dump them all in this trash can... together. Nevermind that the plot specifically mentions mixing chemicals and/or nitroglycerin... which explodes if handled too roughly.