Jambands.ca

JAM*In*The*DAM 2007

bONES

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your hints are altogether too clear CowmanBoyster. And, let me tell you not to be suprised if the biscuits do it for the third time. And let me say that Shongle or Hallucinogen should be there; simply because I want them there. I mean, the UK to the Netherlands isn't a hike. Hell, it's probably closer than Ottawa->TO. And now, who's pulling out mapquest.eu?

well, finally we got an announcement on the JAMinthe DAM forum...

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Just for our patient fans...3/4 of a line-up announcement.

We have been waiting all day for a final confirmation we were told we've have by today. But, in order to keep our word to our most loyal fans here on this board, we'll give you what we have. The last piece could happen in the next five minutes, or five hours, but not five days.

25 years ago, in October of 1981, the Grateful Dead played at the Melkweg in Amsterdam, home to Jam in the Dam, for the first and only time. It’s an event that venue owner Cor Schlosser remembers with fondness to this day. Cor still owns the venue, and is as much an Amsterdam musical fixture as his legendary venue, which has hosted a who’s who of rock n’ roll aristocracy over the past thirty years or so.

So, to help celebrate the 25th anniversary of that special occasion, we got Dark Star Orchestra to climb aboard our ‘festival express’, along with simpatico brethren Keller Williams, and Galactic. One other artist will be announced very shortly. JitD 2007 promises to be a sing-along, dance-along, party-along event that maybe this venue hasn’t seen since those rare days in 1981.

Stay tuned for details about on sale, and the final artist.

Thanks, and see you in March!

If I was at any festival and Keller was playing' date=' I'd probably miss that set. [/quote']

Since when do you go see live music anyway?

:P

Since before I got broke from an expensive summer. However, I just saw myself climb out of a hole I was digging. First pay check in a while where I wasn't in the red!

Good old flying pig. I stayed there one night but that's it, they were too packed but it was a fun place. Instead we found a little tiny place on the second floor of a building where the owner would kick us out of the common room every night for 1 hour so he could enjoy his pipe.

If there's any way possible, I'll be there. Plane tickets are expensive then due to march breaks though so we'll see.

DSO, keller, galactic and one other band? is that it? or are those just the major headliners? did i miss something?

4 bands Alexis, that's it.

They play all 3 nights 2 hour sets.

I'm very excited about this, but I'd be even happier if DSO would just come the fuck up here!

I've never been to Amsterdam and have been waiting for the right reason to make the trip.

I've been searching out flights from Toronto, March 16th to the 23rd and the cheapest I've seen so far is $675 cdn. direct (return)

btw: the 4th band is Yonder Mountain String Band :) giddy'up

I'm very excited about this, but I'd be even happier if DSO would just come the fuck up here!

Keep on wishing. I've known Rob Eaton for a long time (back in his previous band Border Legion) and I asked him last time I talked to him (Buffalo show last winter?). I told him I'd arrange everyting. However, he said it wouldn't happen because one of the band members will, in no way, be allowed across the border :(

Maybe someday they'll get it worked out, but in the meantime, plan on traveling to see them.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

np: Janis Joplin on teh Dick Cavett show

Sh*t, i'd be there is a second!! I was just in A'Dam at the end of May. As Best Man at my buddy's wedding, I figured, what better place to go for a stag weekend? Well, we tore it up and missed our flight home!!! Extra night was good for detox :D

If you guys want a lead on some killer apartments to rent just let me know. We had one that slept up to 8 and it rocked. Fully stocked with beers, muchies, smoking supplies, PS2, good stereo, etc. etc. etc. and affordable!!!!

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

check http://www.zoomairlines.com for dirt cheap flights to london or paris. not sure the best way to get to amsterdam from there but

Toronto to Paris Thu 15 Mar 07 $199.00 Economy $349.00 Economy Standard + Premium Supplement (whatever that is)

Paris to Toronto Tue 27 Mar 07 $199.00 Economy $349.00 Economy Standard + Premium Supplement