Jambands.ca

UPDATE: Austin City Limits... here I come!

M

Austin is a great ciry. Live music capital of the world. If you get the chance make sure you get to San Antonio. Only an hour outside of Austin. Its a beautiful city. Even if you just stop for a day its well worth it. The river walk is beautiful. It is the home of America's most travelled tourist attraction, the Alamo.

When we were in Austin we went to the Continental Club, Playboy called it one of the ten best bars in the USA. Stevie Ray Vaughan used to be the house band. When we were there Gordie Johnson and Grady were playing a couple of times a week. Its a great city, I still think of the Texas pit Bar-b-Q. If you are not vegetarian, go to Rudy's the best Bar-be-que I've ever had.

to be honest I didn't have Stubb's but I have a friend who lives in Austin and thats where he took us. He told me it was the best and my stomach believed him.

if you do get the chance to see tv on the radio...do it, I saw open for Franz last year at the Ricoh not expecting anything and they blew me away. They have this sound that I don't how to explain other than saying the word sonic. Rolling Stone just gave their new album 4 1/2 stars. I would love to see them again.

SO... night 1 and day 2 have been amazing so far.

last night saw my sam roberts boys open for ben kweller @ a club called "la zona rosa". the sam boys played an excellent show ... comparable to the one they rocked out at v-fest this past weekend... and kweller's team did not disappoint by any means.

chilling w/ kwelller after was a treat.. he's bringing his less than one month old new little one on the road. the sam boys are doing his fall tour w. him.

today we headed over for day one of the fest. i can't say that i've been to a better organized or aesthically pleasing festy ever.

some highlights from today: gnarls barkley; cat power & the memphis rythm band; gomez; the hip; van morrison, plus a slew of others.

just bumped into gord downey in my hotel lobby and chilled for a bit.

now off to meet up w./ the benevento . russo boys as they are playing w/ appollo sunshine for an after show.

have tons of pics but will have to wait to get home to post.

whew... and it's just starting....

Yesterday was amazing -- saw The Stills; Sam Roberts Band; Damian Marley; Jose Gonzalez; Ween; Son Volt; The Flaming Lips; Ben Harper; Muse; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Also, he wasn't playing but I bumped into Nic Armstrong backstage. I've seen him a few times in Toronto and he's based out of Austin, Tx now.

Got into the whiskey a little too much near the end of the night last night :) texas is trouble!!! up now to hop on a flight to head home... will update w/ a longer review & pics later.