Jambands.ca

Female Bands?

djmelbatoast

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of Toronto singer/guitarist Janine Stoll, who I got to know via her association with Mr. Something Something, who backed her up on her latest album, "This Is Where We Bury It." I recorded her twice back in April, and she graciously (and without any prompting from me :)) became part of the Live Music Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/JanineStollTrio

Her trio includes her and the bassist and guitarist from Mr. Something Something. The April 12 show includes a wonderful rendition of Patti Griffin's "Top Of The World", done by just her.

One of her side projects is Ladybird Sideshow, a group of female singer/songwriters that I haven't seen, but really want to.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

As if nobody has mentioned the lovely Jenny Lewis and the two bands she's in Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins.

g44234iffzd.jpg

Rilo Kiley- More Adventurous

h17297bysvf.jpg

Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins- Rabbit Fur Coat

Is that a poster that's been put up around town? I didn't think you could pack that much in the way of text into/onto a poster and have it be effective, but that design (esp. with the text going right out to the edges; if it had fewer words and more whitespace, it might be easier to read, but wouldn't grab your attention as much) works well.

Aloha,

Brad