Jambands.ca

It's F---ing Snowing!!!

Chewie

You guys are all a bunch of sissies. It's autumn... in Canada... where we get snow every year.

i know... it's just that i'm such a fan of spring and summer than come the first snow fall i slip into a state of shock.. one that i've been slipping into for 28 years, and one that i like. it's kind of a ritual for me. first snow fall depression... last night i made soup, listened to depressing music and watched snow fall from a steamy window. it was depressing, yet nice.

I can't explain it, but I always associate the first snowfall with the Terrapin Station album - which otherwise I avoid, hating the production on it - but when I see that first blanket of white, the first thing I want to do that morning is here the first snare crack going into Estimated Prophet, and lie in bed until the Terrapin's all finished (gawdawful strings and overlays and all). I've lost count of how many years this has been the case.

I can't explain it, but I always associate the first snowfall with the Terrapin Station album - which otherwise I avoid, hating the production on it - but when I see that first blanket of white, the first thing I want to do that morning is here the first snare crack going into Estimated Prophet, and lie in bed until the Terrapin's all finished (gawdawful strings and overlays and all). I've lost count of how many years this has been the case.

The first day I ever drove by myself was the first snow of the year and I was listening to that album!