Jambands.ca

tickets for the slip>>>

elemeno

You know what whether it looks like it or not I am playing nice. I think everyone can attest to what it looks like when I don't play nice. I have bridled my tongue considerably.

Here's my feeling. Jay and Shane's feelings are hurt. Whether they like it or not I am still going to promote the shit out of this show. As of today NO ONE in Guelph has any idea about the Slip playing, no posters, no listings, no awareness, no word of mouth (other than mine). If those two don't want to take a bath on the show, moreover if they want to make money they'd do well to take my offer of support. Shane did write me, begrudgingly to see if I was still writing an article, I haven't gotten any input as to whether there's an opener, who's going to poster, where tickets will be available. At very least as a journalist and a fan of the band I need that information to build awareness and word of mouth. This means accepting the outstretched hand of support and getting over our differences. I'm not looking for a hero cookie just the opportunity for as many people as possible to see my favourite band in my hometown. I realize, begrudgingly, that the world doesn't revolve around me. In Guelph however I am a fairly bright star in the constellation around which we all revolve.

Seems like Shane and I just kissed and made up by email. It's The Slip with Lovely Feathers and Kill The Lights. I have to do my damndest to get them to move the sets along quickly and start early enough because I hate these short one hour Slip sets. Fuck.

Calmness.

Luke is so on the money in terms of the guy who book's the Vinyl needing support in terms of promo.

The truth is I've asked around town and no one knows who the Slip are (this is an indie/alt country town)so they probably need a local opener to help this thing go off at this point.

Not fishing for the gig BTW, we're already playing the night after.

Commit to making the show work by any means necessary and hug eachother when there's a bunch of folk in the room. Fucking fighting over the opportunity that is here is hurting the good show you've all got revved up. And dropping the ball will hurt the scene in which I and Luke exist and fight for. Getting "jam", for lack of a better term, shows on the map is a fight, but one that is being won by the efforts of myself, Luke, the guys in Burrows and Chipotle locally and JSB, Jomomma, and Slowcoaster outside of Wellington County. There has been success but the clebration of this type of music is still teetering on the edge of the public's desire and we need your best efforts.

I suspect that is why Luke is being vocal and not overly IMHO it's not easy to get this show to go off out here and you've got a decent size room to fill. His criticsm is sound and if hatchets were already buried would be, I hope, taken seriously as contructive and helpful.

Posting that online tix will be available is not going to work to a strong degree...you need tix in the local music stores right beside the poster. I think Luke's volunteeering isn't he? Take him up on it....like nowish.

PM me if you want other help ... I'm not a posterer but I know some people that can move this show forward.

Luke goofed early on when he put the show's confirmation in question, but he APOLOGIZED so just stop it and get back to work, you all Jay, Shain, Luke are really good at making things go down when you set your mind's to it, use eachother's smarts to make a good show happen in a room that aint easy to fill.

Tix about $7.00 would be about highest most would go for an unknown band and even then you might want $5.00 with student ID. Such is Guelph, hope this helps.

Much respect to all.

Deeps

Seems like Shane and I just kissed and made up by email. It's The Slip with Lovely Feathers and Kill The Lights. I have to do my damndest to get them to move the sets along quickly and start early enough because I hate these short one hour Slip sets. Fuck.

Looks like I am a redundant bitch....good to hear boys....good luck with the show...I'll be there witha Hula Hoop in front of the bathroom buzz killing the entire night.

Deeps