Jambands.ca

Dreams come true -- I partied with Axl Rose! :)

M

Now, see, I was a fan of G'n'R...more of a Slash groupie than an Axl fan, truth be told..I really enjoyed a lot of their music, though..regardless of whom you preferred in the band, for those of us still suffering the ill-effects of 80s head-bang-whiplash, to party with an icon like Axl is the epitome of cool.

M, it would most appreciated if you could publish some sort of "How To" guide...if The Cult ever comes back to town, I'm damn well buying Ian Astbury free drinks from the open bar...

;)

Unless his life has changed recently, I believe you'd be most likely to meet Ian Astbury at a "Riders on the Storm" (formerly "Doors of the 21st Century") show.

He does a surprisingly good job filling those big shoes for that band, too.

He's done with that, or at least took a break from it in '06...The Cult did a reunion tour this past summer, with a fun-filled stop at the Molson Amphitheatre. It was just as good as I remembered it. I'm talkin' 'bout Love Removal Machine.

-end hyjack of thread-

Just out of curiosity, how does one score things like this (i.e. backstage passes and whatnot)?

My brother gets perks like this quite often. He works at the hotel in Toronto where most of the rockstars and movie people stay. I guess the secret is to get yourself a job where you're going to have the opportunity to meet a lot people in the entertainment business, and schmooze them!

some disturbing rumours flying around this afternoon regarding Axl........ next concert cancelled with no explanation....

PT: Source of All News, Reliable and Truthful.

my co-worker who has previously worked as a music industry talent publicist in LA & as a tour publicist told me that:

-axl rose was found in a hotel room with his wrists slashed. condition unknown.

nevermind. :(

Edited by Guest