Jambands.ca

Dreams come true -- I partied with Axl Rose! :)

M

it was an incredible evening -- VIP everything at the show and then partying with axl rose, sebastian bach (our generation's 'fat elvis') and the trailer park boys at an after party til 7am.

axl was smitten w/ the TPB's and kept coming over to give them props. i was so flustered at points partying with axl that i tried to buy us drinks from the OPEN bar.

the trippiest thing was hearing axl's voice in conversation. that and the fact that he was totally hot in person besides his CORNROWS. yuck. the show was amazing though -- i've seen 'em a ton and this one was up there as far as my favorites (besides gnr @ copps colliseum when i was in high school)

here's me and a TPB

proceserv1lx1.jpg

d-rawk > nope, no pics w/ sebastian bach. i was scared he might break the camera. we did end up in his dressing room at one point w/ the TPBs and witnessed a photo shoot of his occuring... picture him in all leather (leather pants & vest, no shirt underneath, gut busting out, a mane of hair worse than an 80s teenaged female mallrat)... after every photo he would run over and check the results... let's just say i think they had to take a LOT of photos to get a good one.

Just out of curiosity, how does one score things like this (i.e. backstage passes and whatnot)? I've wondered that for a long time. I know with smaller bands it's not so difficult if you just meet the band but I mean at the bigger venues. I know you can get VIP tickets for shows which give some pretty good stuff but I haven't heard of a way to get (without winning since I don't do that very often) the chance to actually go backstage or party with the band.

I'm probably just stupid or not in the loop but it has piqued my curiosity.

Back on topic: Good fucking job. GnR were my heroes while growing up (well, slash was anyway) and it would have been wicked to meet Sebastian Bach and the TPB's.