Jambands.ca

!!!!!!!!!BGH BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Blue Grassy High Back!

Fuck ya!!!

This just in: All parties from Blue Grassy High have reached a last minute agreement and will perform TONIGHT at Cafe Dekcuf.

The terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but it is rumoured that Dr.Hux and Booche will be kept away from each other at all times to avoid some sort of fallout.

perhaps, but does she play keyboard ? and can she tap her foot while doing it like veronica lodge?

i always liked linda though - even before it was cool to [Wink] but it was soo unfortunate in the 80s when they released that tape of her onstage with wings (they cut out all tracks but the one with her voice singing) oh my it was a terrible thing to do to someone! just meanspirited haha!

Hey, it was definitely Hey Jude, specifically I think it was from one of those Prince's Trust concerts. Or certainly it was around that era.

I admit that the whole thing was a bit mean, if you solo anyone's mic singing back-ups on a big tune like that it's gonna sound goofy. But for the calibre of musicans in that band, you always had to ask what she was doing there.

Hey, I always had a lot of respect for Linda on a personal level, obviously her and Paul had an amazing relationship, and the animal rights stuff she did was legendary. And I always had a bit of soft spot for her 'cus our birthday's are on the same day!

Peace,

Mr. M.

For the completists...

Cafe Dekcuf

Blue Grassy High

Piper->Love Me Do->Lovelight->Love Me Do

Wolfman's Brother->Sailor/Saint tease

F.O.T.D

How Do You Sleep

Possum*

Oven Cake

Dr. Huxtable

Enchanted Time -> The Girl with the Silver Muse

Airborne

Jamaica

In The Meantime->Shakedown*->New Funk Order*

The Weight*

* w) Mike from BNB

Guest Low Roller

Blue Grassy High Rides Again

Sun rises the following morning

Blue Grassy High returned to the stage last night at Cafe Dekcuf, reuniting for the first time since their highly publicized break-up.

Last night's historic performance not only saw BGH's return to prominance, but it also shattered the record set by the Burt Neilson Band for the fastest reunion show. Mike Flipaswitch (sp?) from the Burt Neilson Band was on hand for the festivities adding to the celebration with his acoustic stylings.

Blue Grassy High played their greatest hits package to an exhuberant audience, ending their set with the staple of the BGH catalogue "Oven Cake".

As part of the negotiations to get BGH reunited, Dr.Hux was permitted to showcase his other band (some say the one he takes more seriously) called Dr.Huxtable.

BGH showed some unity, all wearing sports jerseys, except for "sometimes" drummer "Glen" who played drums in the obscurity of the background.

No mini-guitars were harmed during the performance.

Interesting evening, thats for sure.

Well, DrH, I have learned a few things since my stay at Rehab (most notably, a C chord)

I also learned about 'conflict resolution'

If anyone noticed last night, DrH insisted we perform a cover of John Lennon's How Do You Sleep At Night

Well, that song was written for Paul McCartney, which mocks the bejebas out of him. Last night I was sporting a 'Paul' Molitor Blue Jays jersey. Obviously, the symbolism wasnt lost on me.

Now, what I found out about myself at Rehab, is that I would turn to the 'nasty' Smartie whenever I was confronted with a situation in the past. Most notably, issues with DrH would lead me to a state of oblivion.......

Rather than turn to the Smartie, I decided to take a more tactful approach, and resolve the conflict.

I kidnapped his house keys.

So, I ask you this Dr Hux:

Where Do You Sleep At Night?

[Razz]

All in all, it was fun to be with my boys! I am sooooo damn sorry we had to leave when BGH finished, but we get up before 7 am, and it was pretty late, all things considered. Witnessing Flipper's sound check, I was sure I was going to stay and skip work today, but my logical brain decided to take over........Its too bad, because I am sure it was a killer.

Archived